Best Commercial Zero Turn

/ Best Commercial Zero Turn #21  
Yea, they have been making commercial mower for a while now with diesel options. Our next door neighbor has had one for about 17 years and mows 37 yards per week including mine and our Church yard and does those in 3 days and fishes or hunts the rest of his time. He would not own anything else and he is not mechanically inclined. BTY, he does not even run the commercial series. We sell a lot to Doctors, Lawyers and small business owners and a several that mow commercially with residential mowers. Ken Sweet

Ken,
Just picked up a lightly used (430 hrs) '98 Dixon 6025, 60", w/ 61042 metal box blower/collector system. It has a label that says it's commercial. The serial number on this unit is very close to the end of the production run for the model. Any input on this particular machine?

The machine is not showroom, has a bit of paint off and light rust here and there, but in general looks in good condition. The seat is original and in fine shape. It has been garaged or at least parked under cover. If I may seek your professional opinion, what ballpark value would you place on such an item?

I did the lawn yesterday and it works well, the 60" making much shorter work of the lawn than any rider I've ever used. The ZTR was a joy to experience cutting around trees etc. I mean, you're right to the edge of where you want to cut, no problem. One pass only.

The other thrill was when I got down to the center of my decreasing box cutting the little remaining patch was dispatched by just turning in a circle instead of backing and filling or making some wide turns to get back to the little patch. New technology allows a new time saving techniques! Now, with ZTR, I could just reverse directions at the end of each cut and avoid that "little patch problem" entirely.

Only had a few "problems" on my first use. One I had was getting stuck in some soft dirt at the edge of my lawn. Reason the PO gave for reluctantly selling was "poor traction" in some situations. Point well illustrated. Had to pull it free w/ my pickup. No jerking that that sucker around by hand! Have not figured out how much it weighs yet, but it's a bunch. After getting stuck I was careful to move very slowly in the soft stuff to avoid spinning the wheels and digging in. Will have to be very careful off-roading with this machine.

Another thing I did was to knock over a bird bath with "tail swing" from
the collector box. I also misjudged my path and stopping distance and
unintentionally pruned some planting, but not too badly ;' > I chalk these things up to the learning curve. Driving a ZTR is surprisingly instinctive. Especially if you have ever rowed a rowboat.

Oh yeah, another question. The PO had long ago removed and misplaced the "anti-buck" cylinder, between deck and mower body.
Said it would frequently high center the left drive wheel on uneven
ground and that the thing had done a fine job without said cylinder.
If you would, a quick dissertation on the pro's/con's/safety issues/ value of using the "anti-buck" system. Worked fine for me without it, as far as I could see.

Regards,
Dennis