Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ??

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ?? #1  

bigcut

Silver Member
Tractor
Garden Tractor
What's the thinking for laying an electrical line approx. 150 out to the shed ?

Interested in suggestions and thoughts on the best tool/implement to accomplish task with the tractor. (ie., ripper, backhoe w/small bucket, etc.)

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ?? #2  
What size conduit? If you're thinking 3/4 inch, I would use a subsoiler and run through a couple times to get it dug down deep enough, then attach a piece of 2 inch conduit with a sweep 90 to the back of the subsoiler and use that to feed your three quarter inch conduit through as you drive along.
If you're thinking more than that, or you need to have to inspected, go to your local rental yard and rent a Toro Dingo (or similar) walk behind tracked skid steer with a trenching attachment. That will chew through the ground and will work much better than the standard walk-behind wheeled trencher.

Aaron Z

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ??
What size conduit? If you're thinking 3/4 inch, I would use a subsoiler and run through a couple times to get it dug down deep enough, then attach a piece of 2 inch conduit with a sweep 90 to the back of the subsoiler and use that to feed your three quarter inch conduit through as you drive along.
If you're thinking more than that, or you need to have to inspected, go to your local rental yard and rent a Toro Dingo (or similar) walk behind tracked skid steer with a trenching attachment. That will chew through the ground and will work much better than the standard walk-behind wheeled trencher.

Aaron Z

aczlan, thanks for the response. Can you expand your comments on the 2 inch conduit and the sweep 90 process. I'm a little unclear as to what your're describing.
Thanks,
John

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ?? #4  
Yeah, me too. I'd just cut the trench with a subsoiler or similar (which is what I'm planning on doing once I figure out how to assemble it), then lay the 10" sections and bury it.

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ?? #6  
OK, I can see that for laying direct burial cable, but not for conduit.

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ?? #7  
OK, I can see that for laying direct burial cable, but not for conduit.
Something like this (from the linked thread) should work if you used 2" pipe and a sweep 90:
471203d1465315754-subsoiler-pipe-layer-build-img_5237-jpg

3/4" PCV conduit is pretty flexible (unless it is cold out).

Aaron Z

Turbys, Thanks ever so much. I watched the u tube video, which was great.....I guess that's what Aaron was trying to tell me. Looks fairly straight forward after watching the video.
My thanks to all.
John

Something like this (from the linked thread) should work if you used 2" pipe and a sweep 90:
471203d1465315754-subsoiler-pipe-layer-build-img_5237-jpg

3/4" PCV conduit is pretty flexible (unless it is cold out).

Aaron Z

Aaron, Thanks much....big help. I'll have to show this to my SIL.

Yeah, me too. I'd just cut the trench with a subsoiler or similar (which is what I'm planning on doing once I figure out how to assemble it), then lay the 10" sections and bury it.

Diggin....sounds like a good approach...have to see what my SIL wants to do.