Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ??

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ?? #12  
It would be quicker, easier, less trouble to rent a small trencher for 3hr. minimum, dig it and be done.

You can do all the fabricating you want, as best as you can, and it may still not pull through and be deep enough that you won't someday put the bottom of a "T" post in it. And, you still get to do some handwork at the structure you're going to. The trencher eliminates most of that.

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ?? #13  
If you are laying in direct burial wire, "plow" may be ok, but its not going to put wire very deep, If using conduit, trencher is only way.... Trying to put plastic conduit through "plow" is going to be a disaster in broken conduit.... IF you can get it, heavy PVC "duct" like utility company use for fiber optic cable that is plowed in may be answer...

Fiber Optic Duct | Multilink

Fiber plow train placing conduit - YouTube

Personally I would use trencher and conduit...

Drop in a 1 inch for ease of pulling wire through...

Dale

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ??
Yeah, me too. I'd just cut the trench with a subsoiler or similar (which is what I'm planning on doing once I figure out how to assemble it), then lay the 10" sections and bury it.

Diggin, I was thinking more along similar lines to your plan....We're only going about 150 ft. I hope laying the conduit is that simple. I don't want to over complicate things.

Please let me know what you decide to do and how it works out for you.
Thanks

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ?? #15  
^^ Well, I'm only going 50' and I have a 12" hydraulic shovel that will dig down to 6' as a backup plan if I need it. ;-)

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ?? #17  
I sure would put it in the ground farther than that apparatus in the pix, that is shallow and in our ground here you would tear that bolted on support that is welded to the conduit off in short order - id get a lil trencher or what is called a vibrating cable plow if you rent one and pull in the conduit with a pulling grip - the old style cable plow we have goes in around 18 inches to 24 inches but u need some muscle to pull it -

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ?? #18  
I'd still like to find something to replace my BH bucket. Some kind of claw or spade. The ones I've seen are for bigger BHs and priced far too high for my needs.

/ Best Implement For Laying Electric Conduit Line ?? #20  
that just doesn't look like it would go very deep to me -