Best Implement to build a dirt road?

/ Best Implement to build a dirt road? #21  
Confused at first - now I know. I'll try to also remember to check dates. But hopefully, someone will get some use out of the information.

/ Best Implement to build a dirt road? #22  
In many ways it depends on the type of dirt and the traffic you expect. In Oregon, for my driveway the county required 6-8" of pit run shale with 2-3" of 3/4 minus crushed rock on top of it. They preferred it compacted with a vibrator , but you were allowed to compact it by running a fully loaded dump truck over it. So, in that case we roughed it in with a dozer and finished it off with a dump truck. Possibly not the implements you were thinking of.

If you have different soil, or very light usage you could get someone with a dozer to rough it in, or do it yourself with a box blade, if you have a big enough tractor and lots of time.

I never heard of a county having requirements for construction of a driveway like that. Is that because of a concern for sedimentation into streams, or what?

/ Best Implement to build a dirt road? #23  
Confused at first - now I know. I'll try to also remember to check dates. But hopefully, someone will get some use out of the information.

So, it looks like I was the dirty dog that bumped this old post. I swear it came up on "Today's Posts" which is what I usually peruse. So, I guess I will look more closely at the last posting date as well.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the conversation.

/ Best Implement to build a dirt road? #24  
Ya never know. Someone might get some valuable information from it. :)

/ Best Implement to build a dirt road? #25  
You all had fun right?:):thumbsup:

/ Best Implement to build a dirt road? #26  
All useful information, its timeless. I didn't see it the first time so this re-hash was worth reading.

/ Best Implement to build a dirt road? #27  
You all had fun right?:):thumbsup:

Spent most of the day in the Grader. Then checked in here to see what you Yahoos were up to. This is much more fun. :)

/ Best Implement to build a dirt road? #28  
Spent most of the day in the Grader. Then checked in here to see what you Yahoos were up to. This is much more fun. :)

What could be more fun than seat time?

/ Best Implement to build a dirt road? #29