Best option for the 3rd function

/ Best option for the 3rd function
First off - I'm not trying to toot my own horn or come off as an expert because I'm not. A lot of these guys have forgotten more about hydraulics than I'll ever learn, BUT ... please go back to my earlier response in this thread and go read the write-up I put together on my 3rd function.

I did exactly what LD1 is suggesting (and I don't regret it) but it does come with some minor pitfalls you need to be aware of up front & avoid (learn from my mistakes & ignorance instead of your own ;) )

Rather than try to reinvent the wheel on Diverter vs 3rd function, I found an older thread discussing the two that I think you will also find helpful.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/375923-third-function-dirverter-valve-vers.html

Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Thank you for the info N2D. Im in no rush on this so I am still researching what parts to get for the 3rd function and weighing that against buying a "kit". My grapple is not at my dealer yet and even if I had it, still waiting till cooler weather to really use everything.

/ Best option for the 3rd function #22  
Re the feathering - you want that. Re the two-at-once functioning - more optional. My grapple lids run off the rear remotes, not handy but works just fine. Otoh once in a while I reach over w my left hand to curl.
Jim