Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845

/ Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845 #1  
Tractor
2011 Branson 4520R
I pulled the trigger on a 2016 Branson 7845R with no rear drive. Front drive works in 4WD. Since you can't normally drive in 4WD without also driving the rears, I figure the only plausible scenario I know of is a busted gear, probably in the differential case. The usual suspects include the pinion gear or a side gear. (Unknown whether diff-lock makes the rear go.)

So here's my question, if you picture highway Interstate 5 from the Canadian boarded to Sacramento, CA, (the shipping route) who would you pick for a repair shop? Dealer or non-dealer, as long as they're good. Within 25 miles of I-5 or so, prefered.

Any suggestions?

/ Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845 #2  
Wow, that sounds like gambling. I do not have the stomach to buy something broken with no idea of potential costs and lead times to make it work. I’d have to know those answers before I could decide if I was paying a fair value. I’m sorry that I do not have any ideas that can help.

/ Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845 #3  
I pulled the trigger on a 2016 Branson 7845R with no rear drive. Front drive works in 4WD. Since you can't normally drive in 4WD without also driving the rears, I figure the only plausible scenario I know of is a busted gear, probably in the differential case. The usual suspects include the pinion gear or a side gear. (Unknown whether diff-lock makes the rear go.)

So here's my question, if you picture highway Interstate 5 from the Canadian boarded to Sacramento, CA, (the shipping route) who would you pick for a repair shop? Dealer or non-dealer, as long as they're good. Within 25 miles of I-5 or so, prefered.

Any suggestions?
I believe Dave's Tractor is in Red Bluff area. I've heard nothing but great things about them.

I'm sure someone will suggest more places.

/ Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845 #4  
Hopefully you got a really good deal. Wouldn’t it be something if the rear tires are loaded, low on air and the rim is just spinning in the tire?

/ Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845 #5  
Hopefully you got a really good deal. Wouldn’t it be something if the rear tires are loaded, low on air and the rim is just spinning in the tire?
It looks like Google pulls up the listing near the top of search results: "2016 BRANSON 7845R - selling as is. Runs and drives. Has transmission issue, Runs and drives when in 4WD but when taken out of 4WD it barely moves. We are selling as-is. Mechanics special."

I've experienced that tire phenomenon before with my small tractor and R4s under load, but rolling over the ground without a load was fine in 2WD. Anything is possible, but I'd be surprised if a dealership wouldn't check for something so simple to make sure they weren't leaving money on the table. The OP probably is on the right track that it's internal. It would be nice if a fella could just pull a diff cover and peek inside.

/ Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845 #6  

Branson 7845R​

Branson 7845R tractor photo
2016 -
45 Series
Utility tractor
Dimensions
Wheelbase:86.6 inches
219 cm
Length:152.7 inches
387 cm
Height (ROPS):102.6 inches
260 cm
Height (cab):107.8 inches
273 cm
Weight:5752 lbs
2609 kg

Your Branson will be a considerable load.

Dave's Tractor in Red Bluff, California:

Last edited:
   / Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845 #7  
I've noticed one of the used tractor dealers here keeps advertising broken tractors saying there's a problem with XYZ, but their shop is backed up two months and so they're offering it at a low price to move it. It's getting so that nobody wants to fix anything.

/ Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845 #8  
This is all conjecture, but the previous owner probably took a hit trading it in after he figured out repair costs.

The dealer probably knows the parts and labor costs are high enough that they would not recoup their investment in fixing it, and he can make something on it by selling it to a value shopper.

That’s why I think this is a gamble if you are not going into it with a solid plan that could make it a deal.

Last edited:
   / Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845 #9  
Good luck with her;
Parts availability and time would be my biggest concern.
a look at the rear end, best case would likely be drive gear to the bull gear on the axle.
1695132734373.png

1695133376251.png

1695133419499.png

/ Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845
Dave's was my first choice without a doubt, but they're way backed up. Still, they're better than any known alternative.

There is a cover on top of the differential case, although I can't find it in the parts manual. Plus, there's other stuff mounted on it and it's under the seat, so there's a lot to dismantle even to get the cover off. The other way to take a quick size-up is to cut open the hydraulic filter. I'll do that when I receive the tractor.

On another topic in the parts manual, how about this wiring schematic? :confused: It's unfortunate that they didn't import the images as line drawings and instead rasterized them with a very coarse and useless resolution.

I don't do gaming gambling, but yes, I gambled on this tractor.

1695133361293.png

Last edited: