Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845

/ Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845 #11  
Dave's was my first choice without a doubt, but they're way backed up. Still, they're quicker than any known alternative.

There is a cover on top of the differential case, although I can't find it in the parts manual. Plus, there's other stuff mounted on it and it's under the seat, so there's a lot to dismantle even to get the cover off. The other way to take a quick size-up is to cut open the hydraulic filter. I'll do that when I receive the tractor.

On another topic in the parts manual, how about this wiring schematic? :confused: It's unfortunate that they didn't import the images as line drawings and instead rasterized them with a very coarse and useless resolution.

I don't do gaming gambling, but yes, I gambled on this tractor.

View attachment 822117
Download the 7845 Service manual that Asteral shared with us and you'll find great wiring diagrams in there. 7845 service manual.pdf

I did a quick check on the manual and the cover would indeed be the way to go but that's still a lot of stuff on top that may need to come out first.

/ Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845 #12  
The top cover may have to come off depending on what is broke. But once you have it and check it out closely you may be able to get by with just pulling one of the axle housings off.

/ Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845 #13  
There's a TYM/Branson dealer in Klamath Falls OR about an hour from I-5 in Ashland. There's a Branson dealer in Santa Rosa that advertises a lot of small Bransons. And somewhere in the sierra foothills there's a new TYM dealer I think @ning mentioned in a recent post. There used to be a Branson dealer in Kern county too.

I don't know how much any of these except maybe the Kern dealer would know about this machine. Dave's is probably the best bet, and they're close to I-5.

/ Best repair shop for major repair of Branson 7845
Anticlimax: I received the tractor and there's no problem. 2WD and 4WD work fine, at least for now. I would think that if a gear was busted, it would not present an intermittent problem. And since the clutch and shuttle shift are electronic, there could be an intermittent electrical trouble that causes the clutch to not engage when in 2WD.

Last edited: