Best Tractor That You Have or Had?

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #21  
Learned to drive on a farmall BN. Mowed hay pulling a converted horse drawn sickle bar mower with it. Could make square corner with it. That little tractor could do everything but pull the combine or baler.

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #22  
As far as tractors go, it's gotta be my 1988 1720 Ford 4WD w/FEL. I've had it for 10 years and put ~1500 hrs on it and it has never let me down. Not once.

But I have a 1980 Case 1845 skid steer that has to be the most fun thing I own. I used to work at a Case dealer and I wanted one from the moment I laid eyes on the first one we got into our stock. It took me 30 years from the time they came out to get one but I'm so glad I finally got it

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #23  
Interesting thread:thumbsup:

I have to say, my favorite tractor is the one I use the least, partly because it's 59 years old, and partly because it's only 12HP. But hands down, best, most reliable tractor I've ever had was my Grandpa's 1953 Farmall Cub. I've inherited now and since it's been in the family since new, it has a certain sentimental value. It's pretty well been retired to toting around the farm, and the place up north, but it's a fun tractor to drive. Although I consider myself a Deere guy, my only non-Deere tractor takes #1.

First picture is after the restore at the cabin, the rest are while its in restore mode - restore was done by my grandfather.

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #24  
Interesting thread:thumbsup:

I have to say, my favorite tractor is the one I use the least, partly because it's 59 years old, and partly because it's only 12HP. But hands down, best, most reliable tractor I've ever had was my Grandpa's 1953 Farmall Cub. I've inherited now and since it's been in the family since new, it has a certain sentimental value. It's pretty well been retired to toting around the farm, and the place up north, but it's a fun tractor to drive. Although I consider myself a Deere guy, my only non-Deere tractor takes #1.

First picture is after the restore at the cabin, the rest are while its in restore mode - restore was done by my grandfather.
Nice.

I want one of those soooo bad, but just can't justify the cost.

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #25  
Nice.

I want one of those soooo bad, but just can't justify the cost.

It's very fun, I just wish I could get more use out of it. If I ever find a Cub's MMM laying out on the side of the road, it'll be mine in an instant. Even though it will double my mow time it'll be fund driving it around

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #26  
Another Ford 5000 fan here. In1999 my dad and I went in together and bought a tractor and implements. He wanted green, I wanted blue and the best deal we found was a Ford 5000, so I got my way at first. After years of dependantble service he decided that it was time for him to have his JD. I gave in and he traded it on a 3010, it didn't take long to discover it wasn't half the tractor the 5000 was but he didn't care and I walked away from joint ownership for the first and last time. The 3010 was problematic from the start, it wasn't long before he traded it off but he'll never say he was wrong for getting rid of the 5000.

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #27  
It's very fun, I just wish I could get more use out of it. If I ever find a Cub's MMM laying out on the side of the road, it'll be mine in an instant. Even though it will double my mow time it'll be fund driving it around
I think Woods still makes mowers for Farmall Cub. I've seen several on Craigs list and E-bay also.

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #28  
Well, I've only owned two tractors. The Case 448 18 HP(lawn/garden) is thirty years old with over 2000 hours and is still all O.E. for most parts. Now the Kubota BX has a ways to go to live up to that performance even though it is in a different class, and I probably won't live long enough to see who the winner was.:laughing:

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #29  
Without a doubt, the best tractor I've ever owned....I STILL own. 1971 MF 150 diesel. 41+ years of comparing it to newer (and older) tractors, NOTHING measures up.

Best BIG tractor is a 1980 Deere 4440 I have now.

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #30  
The L2900 Bota when I was part owner of plant nursery business. We worked it 6 1/2 days a week for years. Traded it in on a mx5100.
Kubota dealership sold it,now in Hondoras being used over 3500 + hrs on same motor. Kick myself in rear for not taking pics of that tractor. It looked liked it fought on the front lines of WWIII and won ! :tractor:

Boone

Attachments

• 1297-td3a.jpg
    1297-td3a.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 108
  • cowboytb.jpg
    cowboytb.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 139