Best Tractor That You Have or Had?

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #31  
My favorite tractor was my MF 35 Deluxe. Put some money into it and had it painted, did everything I ever asked of it.
The best tractor I've owned is a 2002 Massey 231s. At 45 hp it'll pull about anything. After 9 years and 1200 hours I haven't put dime into it except maintenance. If it only had 4wd.
Just bought a MF 2615 and I really don't care for it.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 252
   / Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #32  
Before I started to appreciate tractorsfor their own sake, back when I need a tractor to do work, I got a 1980 Ford 1700. Lots of years and lots of good times. Lots of work from it. Kids grew up around it. Nothing compares to the tractor your kids grew up on.
Mf

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #35  
I had a Wheelhorse Raider 14 garden tractor. It was "bullet proof". I wish that I never would have sold it.
Now for a little bit bigger tractors: my favorite is the M95 Kubota that I currently have. It is a testosterone festival to drive! The cab with heat and AC is great and the power can do incredible things.

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #36  
1974 John Deere 4430. :thumbsup:

Kioti is gaining ground though. I have several others that are a close second.

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #37  
You never forget your first. Mine was a BX22 TLB. MMM and rear bagger. That tractor NEVER let me down. I sold it and got a bigger L3700SU. I'm now certain my BX could do everything the L can do, it would just take a bit longer.

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #38  
9N with 6 cylinder(just a tractor), 1st 8N(not much), 2nd 8N(little better but not much) Satoh S65OG(actually a fine little puddle jumper) Ford 3000 gaser(Probably the best small tractor I was ever on.) Massey 231(Soviet Ursus version= crappy) MF 383 (good tractor, wish it had syncro trans and a turbo) MF 4235 (Newer but not better) Case 830 (tough old ride but I'm not a TA man) Case 800(still not a TA man and it had Cases "fork in spagetti tranny") JD 2640 (awfully good tractor) JD 4230 and 4240 (The best big tractors I was ever on and I'm not a Deere man. 6 cylinders and quad range) JD 6215 (Good ride but no 6 cylinder and no quad range ) JD 6330 (lots of $$$, lots of bells & whistles Quad range/powershift but better, we'll see.

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #39  
Best small tractor 135 MF, 42 years old and still reliable and easy to operate. Best big tractor 4840 JD. Todays tractors just dont measure up to the ones built in the 70's and 80's.

/ Best Tractor That You Have or Had? #40  
Best one for me is the Track skid steer. It was hard getting out of the mold of "traditional tractor" until I read a line here. The skid steer is the Victorinox of tractors. And it made sense.

First of all the maneuverability. No other vehicle turns in circles like a skid steer.

With all the attachments it fits my needs to a T. Has double the lift capacity from what I used to have, higher reach, turns on a dime ( literally ) , High GMP hydraulics, I get no more flats ( I got flats on a weekly basis ) covered cab, air conditioning.

I regularly switch from a Back hoe, trencher, forks, a variety of buckets, grappler, and crane, all without leaving the cab except to connect the hydraulics.

True I can't plow - but I never do anyway.