BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #1  

hkbirdman

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota L-47 TLB
Just trying to take the temperature of our membership regarding T-N-T Carports in Mt. Airy, NC. Here's my story: I ordered a carport from my local dealer in Jan. 2021 (and gave a deposit). They advised that delivery from TNT Carports should be May, 2021. I began to call the factory at TNT in July of 2021 to check status of my order and to this point I have called a total of 7 times and each time could only leave a message for the scheduling dept. They have never even given me the consideration of a return call! At this point I am assuming they are hoping that I cancel my order since price of steel has gone up twice since I originally placed my order. This is a lousy way of doing business. If any of you folks are contemplating doing business with TNT Carports - I would strongly urge you to re-consider. Thank you.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #2  
Years ago I looked at a sample carport that was built on a mom & pop car dealer's lot. The sign said something like "We'll build this carport on your property for $799". I called to check into having them build one. First thing the rep asked was what ZIP code I was in. Then he proceeded to tell me that it would cost much more than the $799 on their sign because it snows in Lancaster County PA. Uh, yeah, just like it snowed on the $799 sample. Call ended soon after that.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #3  
I had a metal carport installed and they let me lock in my price after a deposit. Which worked well in my favor as steel rose 20% between my deposit and when my site was ready.

My outfit was R&R Carports and Garages. Also in Mt Airy. Apparently that's like the metal carport capital of the world. I was very happy with R&R. They did a great job, gave me a great price, communicated well, were punctual, and the install crew was quite professional and respectful.
IMG_20210525_061941068.jpg

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #4  
NC state website will provide with status of the company and the owner's name.
I would call sales and see if they are still actively selling.
Have the date and the amount you gave and see if you can recover the deposit.
After that, it might be headed to small claims court if you want it back.
Good luck.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #5  
NC state website will provide with status of the company and the owner's name.
I would call sales and see if they are still actively selling.
Have the date and the amount you gave and see if you can recover the deposit.
After that, it might be headed to small claims court if you want it back.
Good luck.
There’s a better option than small claims court. I was able to recoup my money from the state registrar of contractors one time when a remodeling contractor closed up shop after taking my work deposit money. All registered contractor businesses are required to post a bond with the state. The state repaid me from the bond money.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #6  
I had a metal carport installed and they let me lock in my price after a deposit. Which worked well in my favor as steel rose 20% between my deposit and when my site was ready.

My outfit was R&R Carports and Garages. Also in Mt Airy. Apparently that's like the metal carport capital of the world. I was very happy with R&R. They did a great job, gave me a great price, communicated well, were punctual, and the install crew was quite professional and respectful. View attachment 734710

I’m looking for something like that. What size is it?
Got a price from one dealer but they don’t build in my area. I gave them dad’s place to get the quote.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #7  
I’m looking for something like that. What size is it?
Got a price from one dealer but they don’t build in my area. I gave them dad’s place to get the quote.
I would just google steel carports/buildings in your area. These companies seem to be everywhere.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #8  
It's 18x36x12, and it was $3600 when I put my deposit down on 4/19/21.

I wanted 20' wide but they didn't offer that, and they were significantly cheaper than anything else I found. It's a lite tight backing the two trailers beside each other, but I have it down to a pretty good system where it's no trouble.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #9  
I would just google steel carports/buildings in your area. These companies seem to be everywhere.

Yea, but you don’t know how good the company is. I’d rather deal with one highly recommended.

/ BEWARE - T-N-T CARPORTS #10  
It's 18x36x12, and it was $3600 when I put my deposit down on 4/19/21.

I wanted 20' wide but they didn't offer that, and they were significantly cheaper than anything else I found. It's a lite tight backing the two trailers beside each other, but I have it down to a pretty good system where it's no trouble.

They show a 20 ft on their FB page.
Did you put a foundation down or anchor into ground?