BH75 hydraulic power

/ BH75 hydraulic power #1  

Stef

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 TLB, TYM 330
I bought my BH75 last year and it worked great at first. But I feel like my backhoe is not as powerful as it was at the beginning. It seems that I get jammed more often. When time comes to rip off a stump the bucket seems to jam easily. The leak down is quite fast. I have to use the boom lock pin if I don't use the backhoe within the hour because the bucket gets in the way in no time.

I don't know what to do. I talked with my dealer and he told me that I complain for nothing, it's normal. I don't understand because my former BX23 was incredible on that, virtually no leak down at all (nothing for the loader, a tiny little bit for the backhoe). My backhoe was still up and almost in fully raised position overnight. Now things are very different with my B3030 and BH75. My FEL is great though, no leak down whatsoever, but the BH75 is on the ground in no time. The stabilizers too drop a lot.

One guy told me once to be attentive if I can hear an abnormal "hissing sound" when using the backhoe. I'm not an expert, all I can do is compare my BH75 with the one on my former BX23. It seems, to me, when I compare that my control valve does a lot of "hissing sounds". Much more than the one on a BX23 and probably more now than it was when it was brand new.

So, what do you think about that guys? Does it seem to be a problem with the control valve (probably) are the cylinders? As I said, I'm not an expert but I understand the mechanical of a valve and a cylinder. I know that it could be an O-ring or a seal (or more than one) in the control valve leaking a bit when the spool is moving thus losing pressure (not all of it but enough to prevent maximum pressure thus maximum power). But your opinions are important to me guys. Thanks

There's a positive point here though, I cannot bend my cylinders because I don't have the hydraulic power to do it.

If you have any similar experiences as mine don't hesitate to drop a reply. I'm sure I'm not the only one in a situation like that.

/ BH75 hydraulic power
I bought my BH75 last year and it worked great at first. But I feel like my backhoe is not as powerful as it was at the beginning. It seems that I get jammed more often. When time comes to rip off a stump the bucket seems to jam easily. The leak down is quite fast. I have to use the boom lock pin if I don't use the backhoe within the hour because the bucket gets in the way in no time.

I don't know what to do. I talked with my dealer and he told me that I complain for nothing, it's normal. I don't understand because my former BX23 was incredible on that, virtually no leak down at all (nothing for the loader, a tiny little bit for the backhoe). My backhoe was still up and almost in fully raised position overnight. Now things are very different with my B3030 and BH75. My FEL is great though, no leak down whatsoever, but the BH75 is on the ground in no time. The stabilizers too drop a lot.

One guy told me once to be attentive if I can hear an abnormal "hissing sound" when using the backhoe. I'm not an expert, all I can do is compare my BH75 with the one on my former BX23. It seems, to me, when I compare that my control valve does a lot of "hissing sounds". Much more than the one on a BX23 and probably more now than it was when it was brand new.

So, what do you think about that guys? Does it seem to be a problem with the control valve (probably) are the cylinders? As I said, I'm not an expert but I understand the mechanical of a valve and a cylinder. I know that it could be an O-ring or a seal (or more than one) in the control valve leaking a bit when the spool is moving thus losing pressure (not all of it but enough to prevent maximum pressure thus maximum power). But your opinions are important to me guys. Thanks

There's a positive point here though, I cannot bend my cylinders because I don't have the hydraulic power to do it.

If you have any similar experiences as mine don't hesitate to drop a reply. I'm sure I'm not the only one in a situation like that.

/ BH75 hydraulic power #3  
I have the BH75 also and it is used on an L2800.
When I have the hoe mounted it has never been up longer than about 10min before it is pulling on another stump and I don't leave it up when I shut the tractor down..only the stabilizers are left up with enough room to leak down without hitting anything.
I had one of the stabalizers fall overnight once and it didn't do it again, I thought that was funny/weird...I have fully expected them to just fall overnight anyway.
Mine has hissed (I think it's press relief valve) from day one and I just pulled a 15" Bodark/Osage Orange tree up last week and I know my previous BH would have had me cutting them roots with a chainsaw.

My previous BH which was a bradco would do as your BH75 does if I left the hoe on and did just FEL work I was always raising the hoe back up or a stabilizer.

Maybe you could be used to the power now and feel that it maybe week.

/ BH75 hydraulic power #4  
I have the BH75 also and it is used on an L2800.
When I have the hoe mounted it has never been up longer than about 10min before it is pulling on another stump and I don't leave it up when I shut the tractor down..only the stabilizers are left up with enough room to leak down without hitting anything.
I had one of the stabalizers fall overnight once and it didn't do it again, I thought that was funny/weird...I have fully expected them to just fall overnight anyway.
Mine has hissed (I think it's press relief valve) from day one and I just pulled a 15" Bodark/Osage Orange tree up last week and I know my previous BH would have had me cutting them roots with a chainsaw.

My previous BH which was a bradco would do as your BH75 does if I left the hoe on and did just FEL work I was always raising the hoe back up or a stabilizer.

Maybe you could be used to the power now and feel that it maybe week.

/ BH75 hydraulic power #5  
Stef

I have to keep the pin in , expecially when moving or within 15mins the bucket gets too low, been that way since got it, dealer looked at it said was normal. It does seem strange the Fel will stay up all night, the backhoe never would, pin in is probly good idea since a lot of wieght on that cyliner from bounching when moving.
As far as the power, yeah might be good, since I broke one in half and bent the second. I am not impressed on hoe for stump removal, expecially if ground is rocky. If hoe stops or jams when taking out stump, I would not try and rock or anything, go for a smaller root.
if i had to do over, i think i would have went with Woods hoe from what i read here. One of the dealers that bidded my tractor only sold the woods hoes with Kubota, or thats what his display models all had anyway.

/ BH75 hydraulic power #6  
Stef

I have to keep the pin in , expecially when moving or within 15mins the bucket gets too low, been that way since got it, dealer looked at it said was normal. It does seem strange the Fel will stay up all night, the backhoe never would, pin in is probly good idea since a lot of wieght on that cyliner from bounching when moving.
As far as the power, yeah might be good, since I broke one in half and bent the second. I am not impressed on hoe for stump removal, expecially if ground is rocky. If hoe stops or jams when taking out stump, I would not try and rock or anything, go for a smaller root.
if i had to do over, i think i would have went with Woods hoe from what i read here. One of the dealers that bidded my tractor only sold the woods hoes with Kubota, or thats what his display models all had anyway.

/ BH75 hydraulic power #7  
I have about 70 hrs. on the machine. The loader will remain in position for hours with say a bucket of sand in it. The BH stays in position without the pin except when I am using the loader frequently. I noticed this during the winter. When plowing I would occasionally need to reach back and lift the boom. I wouldn't say it was excessive but certainly noticeable. One of the outriggers will slowly drop over time. From Weekend to weekend it drops about 1/3 of the way down. I haven't noticed any loss of digging force.

When did you do the servicing of the hydraulic filters etc.?

/ BH75 hydraulic power #8  
I have about 70 hrs. on the machine. The loader will remain in position for hours with say a bucket of sand in it. The BH stays in position without the pin except when I am using the loader frequently. I noticed this during the winter. When plowing I would occasionally need to reach back and lift the boom. I wouldn't say it was excessive but certainly noticeable. One of the outriggers will slowly drop over time. From Weekend to weekend it drops about 1/3 of the way down. I haven't noticed any loss of digging force.

When did you do the servicing of the hydraulic filters etc.?

/ BH75 hydraulic power #9  
My BH75 has hissed from day one, I just thought it was normal. Mine drops quickly too, I always have the pin in when I'm not using it. The stabilizers barely drop at all though. I have had mine for a year now and I can't say I've noticed any decrease in power.

Just a heads up for you guys. The joysticks on mine became really "sloppy" over time, it was slow so I never really noticed it, but it got so bad that I started to lose the curl function. I removed the control cover and noticed that virtually every single little nut and bolt was loose, some just ready to fall off. I tightened them all up and it's working perfectly again.

Overall I'm very pleased with the BH

/ BH75 hydraulic power #10  
My BH75 has hissed from day one, I just thought it was normal. Mine drops quickly too, I always have the pin in when I'm not using it. The stabilizers barely drop at all though. I have had mine for a year now and I can't say I've noticed any decrease in power.

Just a heads up for you guys. The joysticks on mine became really "sloppy" over time, it was slow so I never really noticed it, but it got so bad that I started to lose the curl function. I removed the control cover and noticed that virtually every single little nut and bolt was loose, some just ready to fall off. I tightened them all up and it's working perfectly again.

Overall I'm very pleased with the BH