BH75 hydraulic power

/ BH75 hydraulic power #11  
For what it's worth I have no hissing... at least nothing I can hear.

Thanks for the loose nuts info. I'll take a look. I haven't noticed the levers becoming loose.

/ BH75 hydraulic power #12  
For what it's worth I have no hissing... at least nothing I can hear.

Thanks for the loose nuts info. I'll take a look. I haven't noticed the levers becoming loose.

/ BH75 hydraulic power
I changed hydraulic filters and oil at 50hrs. I'm now at 78.

Let me explain what I think about "hissing sound". When using hydraulic cylinders there's always some hissing. The control valve does some and, of course, the relief valve. The problem is, if there's too much hissing when the joysticks are half way (pretty much the same sound as the relief valve) it means that pressurized oil leaks through the seal, thus reducing speed, power and causes leak down.

I don't know, maybe I'll look into it this summer. My experience with my dealer tells me that if I want something done I should do it myself. But there's the warranty. I'll probably buy a kit of seals and O-rings and change it. My dealer won't be happy, I'm sure it'd take some hours to remove the control valve, open it, change the seals and put it all back together. It sounds interesting though. If I see a big difference I'll post my results for sure.

/ BH75 hydraulic power
I changed hydraulic filters and oil at 50hrs. I'm now at 78.

Let me explain what I think about "hissing sound". When using hydraulic cylinders there's always some hissing. The control valve does some and, of course, the relief valve. The problem is, if there's too much hissing when the joysticks are half way (pretty much the same sound as the relief valve) it means that pressurized oil leaks through the seal, thus reducing speed, power and causes leak down.

I don't know, maybe I'll look into it this summer. My experience with my dealer tells me that if I want something done I should do it myself. But there's the warranty. I'll probably buy a kit of seals and O-rings and change it. My dealer won't be happy, I'm sure it'd take some hours to remove the control valve, open it, change the seals and put it all back together. It sounds interesting though. If I see a big difference I'll post my results for sure.

/ BH75 hydraulic power #15  
I'm not really sure about the hissing, but mine would drop a few inches in an hour or so of loader work if the pin wasn't in. I always put the pin in now.

As for your outriggers (stabilizers) dropping: you might want to get an air (and preferably water) hose and blast/clean all of the joints of your control levers. My right stabilizer was dropping overnight until I went in and cleaned everything out. What probably happened was a small piece of dirt or rock, or piece of wood had gotten down in there, wedged against the joint, and caused the valve to be ever-so-slightly out of "neutral." After a good cleaning, it hasn't dropped at all since.

/ BH75 hydraulic power #16  
I'm not really sure about the hissing, but mine would drop a few inches in an hour or so of loader work if the pin wasn't in. I always put the pin in now.

As for your outriggers (stabilizers) dropping: you might want to get an air (and preferably water) hose and blast/clean all of the joints of your control levers. My right stabilizer was dropping overnight until I went in and cleaned everything out. What probably happened was a small piece of dirt or rock, or piece of wood had gotten down in there, wedged against the joint, and caused the valve to be ever-so-slightly out of "neutral." After a good cleaning, it hasn't dropped at all since.

/ BH75 hydraulic power #17  
Stef, I also have to pin mine. I really dont know about the hissing noise Ill have to pay a little more attention to it next time. I did make a wooden platform for mine to sit on due to the leak down factor and trying to get the hydraulic hoses hooked back up /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ BH75 hydraulic power #18  
Stef, I also have to pin mine. I really dont know about the hissing noise Ill have to pay a little more attention to it next time. I did make a wooden platform for mine to sit on due to the leak down factor and trying to get the hydraulic hoses hooked back up /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ BH75 hydraulic power #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My BH75 has hissed from day one, I just thought it was normal. Mine drops quickly too, I always have the pin in when I'm not using it. The stabilizers barely drop at all though. I have had mine for a year now and I can't say I've noticed any decrease in power.

Just a heads up for you guys. The joysticks on mine became really "sloppy" over time, it was slow so I never really noticed it, but it got so bad that I started to lose the curl function. I removed the control cover and noticed that virtually every single little nut and bolt was loose, some just ready to fall off. I tightened them all up and it's working perfectly again.

Overall I'm very pleased with the BH )</font>

I had one fall out so I reemed all the holes out to .250 and used better hardware (aircraft stuff with steel locking nuts).
The origional holes were 6mm and .250 is just a few thousands bigger.
There is just no joy with a limp joystick /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ BH75 hydraulic power #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My BH75 has hissed from day one, I just thought it was normal. Mine drops quickly too, I always have the pin in when I'm not using it. The stabilizers barely drop at all though. I have had mine for a year now and I can't say I've noticed any decrease in power.

Just a heads up for you guys. The joysticks on mine became really "sloppy" over time, it was slow so I never really noticed it, but it got so bad that I started to lose the curl function. I removed the control cover and noticed that virtually every single little nut and bolt was loose, some just ready to fall off. I tightened them all up and it's working perfectly again.

Overall I'm very pleased with the BH )</font>

I had one fall out so I reemed all the holes out to .250 and used better hardware (aircraft stuff with steel locking nuts).
The origional holes were 6mm and .250 is just a few thousands bigger.
There is just no joy with a limp joystick /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif