Backhoe BH92 Backhoe Full Storage Height Clearance on a L6060

/ BH92 Backhoe Full Storage Height Clearance on a L6060 #11  
Just under 97” on L3940

/ BH92 Backhoe Full Storage Height Clearance on a L6060 #12  
Eventually I want to make a new transport lock that drops the boom to fit under my roll up door. Just need time, a plasma cutter and some welding skills. :)

/ BH92 Backhoe Full Storage Height Clearance on a L6060 #13  
you could always drop the arm down going in or out if you had too.

/ BH92 Backhoe Full Storage Height Clearance on a L6060 #14  
you could always drop the arm down going in or out if you had too.

True. When you don't forget. If I were the OP, I'd certainly like to know the height prior to new construction though.

/ BH92 Backhoe Full Storage Height Clearance on a L6060 #15  
I have a tight fit with the M59 backhoe. Have to let the boom down to clear the sliding door. Once inside raise and lock the boom. If not locked when parked it might drift down and press against the door. Have to remember each time. Sure will be a mess if I forget.

/ BH92 Backhoe Full Storage Height Clearance on a L6060 #16  
I have a tight fit with the M59 backhoe. Have to let the boom down to clear the sliding door. Once inside raise and lock the boom. If not locked when parked it might drift down and press against the door. Have to remember each time. Sure will be a mess if I forget.

Fortunately, I have enough depth to account for leak down, so I don't lock the boom. Still want to make a longer boom lock so I can.

/ BH92 Backhoe Full Storage Height Clearance on a L6060 #17  
Eventually I want to make a new transport lock that drops the boom to fit under my roll up door. Just need time, a plasma cutter and some welding skills. :)

There are different locking mechanisms but looks like it would be a fairly easy modifications to make multi position lock. Might be as easy as adding an extension to your current locking hook.

/ BH92 Backhoe Full Storage Height Clearance on a L6060 #18  
You also have to consider the actual garage door into the equation if you are getting one that doesnt roll up. They hang down a bit when open, and you also have to contend with the length of the open door above the machine as you are pulling in.

I have a 12 ft eave and a door installed just below it, but I do loose about 7 inches. My garage isnt huge so I do have to maneuver the BH (turn to side) to make it fit length wise. However I have a 14 ft backhoe, so it is much tougher than yours will be.

Great advice, just get one that is much much taller than you will need. 12 ft for that one sounds about right.