Big impact wrenches

/ Big impact wrenches #21  
As others have said, you'd be better off with a gear reduction 3/4" ratchet than a 1" Horrible Freight impact. My 1" impact is an IR model and works quite well but obviously cost more than a HF cheap one. If you don't have enough work to justify the price of a quality unit, an inexpensive gear reduction ratchet would serve you best. I didn't even know HF sold any cheap 1" impacts. My dad has one of their cheap 3/4" drives and I get a kick out of watching him. He first uses a 3/4" breaker bar with a cheater bar to break the nuts loose with a 6 pt socket and then uses the 3/4" HF impact to remove the already loosened nuts. :rolleyes: Isn't that defeating the entire purpose of having an impact??

/ Big impact wrenches #22  
Isn't that defeating the entire purpose of having an impact??

Partially maybe, but not entirely. At least, once loosened, that impact will spin them off faster than you could with a manual ratchet.:D

/ Big impact wrenches #23  
Partially maybe, but not entirely. At least, once loosened, that impact will spin them off faster than you could with a manual ratchet.:D

Dad, is that you?? :eek: :D

/ Big impact wrenches #25  
At that point a good 1/2" impact would be the way to go. - Lighter, faster, smaller feed reqmts.
larry

/ Big impact wrenches #26  
:)Just a Thought? I once had a 1976 Ford 1 ton with rear duals. The Truck had left hand threads on the lug nuts. I worked my rear off one day trying to get a tire off. I broke 4 the 8 stud off before I realized what was going on.

/ Big impact wrenches #27  
I was lucky enough to not break anything, but I sure did try the wrong direction for awhile on a 3/4 ton Ford truck. At the time, I thought Chrysler products were the only ones to use left hand threads on the lugs on the left side of the vehicle, but I learned that Ford had some of those, too.