Big impact wrenches

/ Big impact wrenches #21  
As others have said, you'd be better off with a gear reduction 3/4" ratchet than a 1" Horrible Freight impact. My 1" impact is an IR model and works quite well but obviously cost more than a HF cheap one. If you don't have enough work to justify the price of a quality unit, an inexpensive gear reduction ratchet would serve you best. I didn't even know HF sold any cheap 1" impacts. My dad has one of their cheap 3/4" drives and I get a kick out of watching him. He first uses a 3/4" breaker bar with a cheater bar to break the nuts loose with a 6 pt socket and then uses the 3/4" HF impact to remove the already loosened nuts. :rolleyes: Isn't that defeating the entire purpose of having an impact??

/ Big impact wrenches #22  
Isn't that defeating the entire purpose of having an impact??

Partially maybe, but not entirely. At least, once loosened, that impact will spin them off faster than you could with a manual ratchet.:D

/ Big impact wrenches #23  
Partially maybe, but not entirely. At least, once loosened, that impact will spin them off faster than you could with a manual ratchet.:D

Dad, is that you?? :eek: :D

/ Big impact wrenches #25  
At that point a good 1/2" impact would be the way to go. - Lighter, faster, smaller feed reqmts.
larry

/ Big impact wrenches #26  
:)Just a Thought? I once had a 1976 Ford 1 ton with rear duals. The Truck had left hand threads on the lug nuts. I worked my rear off one day trying to get a tire off. I broke 4 the 8 stud off before I realized what was going on.

/ Big impact wrenches #27  
I was lucky enough to not break anything, but I sure did try the wrong direction for awhile on a 3/4 ton Ford truck. At the time, I thought Chrysler products were the only ones to use left hand threads on the lugs on the left side of the vehicle, but I learned that Ford had some of those, too.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

NEW WOLVERINE QUICK ATTACH PUSH BUGGY (A34011)
NEW WOLVERINE...
(28) 6x8 Treated Fence Posts (Selling By The Post x28) (A33978)
(28) 6x8 Treated...
(3) Pallets of Warehouse Pallet Racking, Includes (A33079)
(3) Pallets of...
Hobart Champion 16 AC/DC Welder-Stick-Tig-Wire 8000-Watt Power Generator, O (A33349)
Hobart Champion 16...
1997Case IH 7210 4x4 w/Cab (A34009)
1997Case IH 7210...
2015 Great Dane 53 X 102 Reefer Trailer (A33439)
2015 Great Dane 53...