"BIG" Yanmar

/ "BIG" Yanmar #21  
Re that expensive ebay starter - it has a different number of teeth than the Onan/Mitsubishi starter he claims it replaces. And CW rotation while the others are CCW.

Thats the same vendor who was selling 11 tooth starters as claimed 'broad application' replacements for YM2000 etc which is 15 tooth. I exchanged emails with him, he said don't worry about the difference.

Caveat emptor ....

I thought about that then bought my starter from rareelectrical instead.

/ "BIG" Yanmar #22  
The two have the same warranty. The last starter I bought from Rare Electrical was for my Mitsubishi. It's a starter that they advertise for $239 on their website and ebay and I paid $179. Another deal where I called them and they gave me a better price than what they advertised...... I have no idea why they did this but I've never paid advertised price through them when I order over the phone. I think I paid $40.00 for their advertised $49.00 Kohler starter before that. The starter for my Mitsubishi was a new World Power Systems brand.....which I suspect might own Rareelectrical. I won't say they are Nippondenso quality in every way but I have had zero issues with their products. I also notice Rare Electrical uses and sells Nippondenso products. WPS/WAI claims every product they produce has been tested for 20,000 start cycles and 2000hrs continuous run before going into production.....good enough for me most of the time and especially at half of what I can buy it for anywhere else. Car Doc....I agree, I would expect to pay premium prices for premium brand names like Nippndenso but I'm not convinced it's always necessary to pay the most you can. I don't thinkthat's what you were implying either....just saying, I think the price difference and overall quality makes it a pretty good deal.

CAREY!!! What's been gong on? I've been meaning to say howdy.....noticed you've been back on the forum lately. Glad to see ya back regularly. How's eerything down GA way?

/ "BIG" Yanmar #23  
Name it Darryl, it's happend.

/ "BIG" Yanmar #24  
Car Doc....I agree, I would expect to pay premium prices for premium brand names like Nippndenso but I'm not convinced it's always necessary to pay the most you can. I don't thinkthat's what you were implying either....just saying,

Yeah man you got it! They are about the best there is in my book every hot rod company in the world is adapting them to the high performance market for every engine and application under the sun now because of their excellent reliability and power. Dodge is using them on about all their cars now as well.

I work on them all the time since Toyota is my one of my main sources of income and since back in the late 80's I have been buying the solenoid contacts from a re-builder out north east.

I do a R&R starter install contacts for less than just a reman starter goes for and have for many many years I see maybe 1 in 20 that I cant fix with just contacts. fwtw