Block Heater Unplug first mandatory?

/ Block Heater Unplug first mandatory? #11  
From the Temro site:

But this will not happen instantaneously. If you start and then unplug, it will be fine. I always drape the power cord for the block heater across my operator platform so I can't miss the power cord that is 'in my way'

/ Block Heater Unplug first mandatory? #12  
My cord is 'in my way' as it goes under the hood just before the door to get in. I have no choice but to unplug it as I don't want to get tangled up in cord. (The right side step I took off and left off so I could easily get under tractor for changing filters.)

/ Block Heater Unplug first mandatory? #14  
I can't see why a bubble would form there. It's in the middle of the block. It should help cool the element with the coolant circulating. . I sometimes Idle the engine with a block heater still plugged in always wondering if it will heat up faster.

But, I won't do it, until I get a good answer.

/ Block Heater Unplug first mandatory? #15  
I can't see why a bubble would form there.
Nor can I. Only thing I can figure is that the moving fluid going across the hot element may cause cavitation which would cause a localized hot spot.
It should help cool the element with the coolant circulating.
Yup, I'd think the same thing.
I sometimes Idle the engine with a block heater still plugged in always wondering if it will heat up faster.
LOL, great minds, I did the same thing on my old tractor. For some reason I read the instructions this time :)..........Mike

/ Block Heater Unplug first mandatory? #16  
I always looped the extension cord through the steering wheel. Kind of hard to ignore that when you start it up. My buddy put his tractor key on a mini-carbiner. He would put it on the cord. So before he could start the tractor he had to get keys from the cord.

/ Block Heater Unplug first mandatory? #17  
Curious, what some of these guys procedure is to keep from leaving the cake on the roof of the car.

/ Block Heater Unplug first mandatory? #18  
On the KATS website,the reasoning is the heater element is subject to damage from engine vibrations when the element is hot-as in plugged in or shortly thereafter.
I must admit I unplug and start and have not suffered any damage,but if I do,I'll have no one else to blame.
Hope this helps!

/ Block Heater Unplug first mandatory? #19  
I always drape the power cord for the block heater across my operator platform so I can't miss the power cord that is 'in my way'

I do that sort of thing all the time. Kinda like putting my car keys under something I need to take with me.

/ Block Heater Unplug first mandatory? #20