Board Fence Build - pictures and a question

/ Board Fence Build - pictures and a question #31  
Thanks for the pictures

/ Board Fence Build - pictures and a question #32  
I use a Milwaukee 10 1/4" circular saw to cut posts in one pass.

/ Board Fence Build - pictures and a question
Just an update. Got done with the first two sections today . I'd been too chicken to cut the tops until today. I grabbed the speed square and figured out how tall from the top board the old posts were cut and what angle. Then got the borrowed chain saw and went to work.

image-3535806194.jpg.

image-3492611393.jpg

It turns out I was worrying over nothing. The biggest problem was that I tended to drift down as I cut away from me. Not much but enough that I noticed it. This was corrected by twisting my wrist to counter the weight of the saw.

Here is more of the tractor.
image-3812060930.jpg

Last edited:
MotorSeven said:
You got the hang of it now...looks great!

Thanks! By using the baby Sthil 011 I had pretty good control over the saw. I think my bigger 290 Farm Boss would have worn my arm out pretty quick.

This will defiantly be my preferred method from now on!

MacLawn said:
Looks good! I was worrying more about how to drive the posts than how to cut them! How did you drive them?

We used a hydraulic CAT auger with a 4" bit to pilot the holes followed by the Shaver HD10 post driver on my Kubota.

The last picture shows the set up as described except with the larger bit on the auger. There were a few tricky spots where the bed rock was only 8 or 9 inches under the soil. The larger bit was used to make room for 80# bags of concrete.

/ Board Fence Build - pictures and a question #38  
That FEL auger is the cats azz....how much $ do they run ?

You aren't kidding!! If my memory serves me correctly they can run from about $2k on up. We usually had it on the skid steer but it will work just fine on the tractor.

Well it looks like I'll be replacing another small section in the morning! Someone ran through this fence again yesterday morning, hit and run. It does appear it got their radiator though.

image-3551415864.jpg

image-3301684282.jpg

image-3792792590.jpg