Loader "Bob-Tach" compatibility for CT1025 FEL? (Pallet Forks)

/ "Bob-Tach" compatibility for CT1025 FEL? (Pallet Forks) #1  

TheRusty

Tractor
Bobcat CT1025
Newbie Question:

Can I buy any old attachment that is "skid steer" compatible and (at least) attach it to my compact tractor? I'm looking at a Load Quip Quick-Attach skid fork.
Error | DNS Resolution | Northern Tool + Equipment
I am aware that an Irishman can consume beer faster than the hydraulic flow on the CT1025. This made these particularly wimpy looking forks attractive.
The other option is the titan:
Pallet Fork Attachment with 2-in Trailer Receiver Hitch

Larger Question:
Is the universe of "skid steer compatible" attachments wide open (subject to hydraulic limitations) to CT users? Are the terms "Skid steer compatible" and "quick attach compatible" and "Bob-tach" interchangeable?

/ "Bob-Tach" compatibility for CT1025 FEL? (Pallet Forks)
And of course I found the reference to the SSQA "standard" after I posted. Took me a couple tries to figure out it meant "Skid Steer Quick Attach". Again the same thing. At least I found out Euro Tach is different.

/ "Bob-Tach" compatibility for CT1025 FEL? (Pallet Forks) #3  
I believe they are just brand names for the same thing. I have been using the Titan forks on my CT445 for about 3 years and am very happy. I have tested the lift limits of the tractor and the forks have been rock solid.

/ "Bob-Tach" compatibility for CT1025 FEL? (Pallet Forks) #4  
Rusty,
I just purchased those Titan forks in a 42. For my CK35. Very well made and a great value. My one purchase concern was weight. These were the lightest forks I could find so I won't have to sacrifice much lift capacity. I also did not want the load shifting frame on top of the forks. This eliminates some more weight and lets me reach the top shelf in the out building without hitting the trusses.
I would stay away from those hollow tube load lifters at Northern.

I don't expect any Northern item to be sturdy. The light weight aspect of the flimsiness was the attraction on the presumption that the tractor can't lift much in the first place and I'd probably use the forks for towing more than anything else. The hole in the end of the forks looked useful. I'm leaning toward the Titan because it smells better. My dealer was recommending 36" forks to save weight.

Thanks for the help guys!

/ "Bob-Tach" compatibility for CT1025 FEL? (Pallet Forks) #7  
I Purchased a set of ansung brand forks. I have been extremely happy with them they are very lightweight and durable. I have put them to severe use with Ct 225. I was able to put a slight bend in one of them trying to pop out roots but I was easily able to straighten it back out with a small sledgehammer and concrete curb.
If you buy the lighter forks just remember you probably shouldn’t be popping out roots and putting them to the limits.
As far as having a hole in the end of your fork ,you could consider something like this on your bucket. Harbor freight sells the receiver portion for around 30 bucks and you can slide in whatever size draw bar and ball you want. I added the chain hook on top.

IMG_0590.jpg

Thanks tman. That looks great. I loaned my tractor out to a neighbor. He added a clevis hook to the top the loader bucket by drilling a hole and bolting it on. I've ordered the Titan forks. I'll need to swap out the bucket to tow but that should be simple enough.

/ "Bob-Tach" compatibility for CT1025 FEL? (Pallet Forks) #9  
WOW, I bought Bobcat forks 10 years ago, and just paid a touch more than the Northern Tool price. I know I am paying a weight premium almost every time I use them, but I do a lot of "stoopid" stuff with mine and so far havent destroyed them

/ "Bob-Tach" compatibility for CT1025 FEL? (Pallet Forks) #10  
I have 42 inch pallet forks from Titan website they also sell on eBay. Free Shipping too
I also bought the trailer ball that fits on forks works well!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 7.03.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 7.03.41 AM.png
    274.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 7.04.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 7.04.27 AM.png
    362.7 KB · Views: 89