Bobcat Compact Tractor

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #11  
I couldn't remember if Bobcat was sold to the company that owned Kioti or a company that was business partners with Kioti's parent company. Thanks for clearing it up.

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #12  
Would not surprise me if Kubota jumped into the Bobcat skid steer or excavators market deaper. If Bobcat can enter into SCUT's and CUT's it only makes sense. Point may come where dealers who have had both franchises will have to make some tuff decisions as I doubt these companies will allow both franchises under the same roof.

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #13  
Just to make it correct. Bobcat sold to Doosan (who bought Daewoo) and with the aquision of Bobcat makes Doosan one of the largest heavy equipment manufacturers in the world. I think it moved them from number 7 spot to number 4 spot but would have to go back and verify this. A different manufacturer called Daedong is the manufacturer of Kioti and owns the Kioti brand. Doosan has an agreement with Daedong to manufacture the Bobcat tractors.

Now, many, many Kubota dealers are also Bobcat dealers and or vise/versa. In one of our area's we have along established Kubota dealer who is also a large Bobcat dealer. What will they carry???

Kubota dealer I am speaking of has a really bad attitude and has told people over the years how bad Kioti is. Will they now carry a tractor branded Bobcat that they know is good but trashed for years. If they did I would love for the Kioti dealer to just go after that.

I think that it will be interesting but for me I would buy the Kioti brand over the Bobcat brand just because I would rather deal with dealers who have direct manufacturer support.

Maka

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #14  
I many areas dealers carry both New Holland and Kubota. If they can carry 2 of the big 3, I don't expect there will be any problem with them carrying a small player.

andy

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #15  
This is the same here. We have 2 dealers of Kubota/NH and then 1 dealer who is Kubota/Bobcat (not NH). The problem with this is that the Kubota/Bobcat dealer I refer to have over time really ripped the Kioti dealer. I mean really hard.

Another sticker is that Kubota was in on the bidding for Bobcat and lost to the Koreans. I see this as a problem for dealers of Kubota. Kioti has been an ever growing thorn in Kubota dealers side and I bet the Kubota/Bobcat (some probably will) dealers for the most part won't now put the Daedong manufactured Bobcats on the lot. I mayt be wrong but I bet this is a burr in the saddle of Kubota and its dealers.

Any Kubota/Bobcat dealers want to chime in on this?

Maka

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor
I spoke with my Bobcat dealer on Friday, he said that the 'programs' Bobcat compact tractors will carry will mirror Kubota's.... sounds like fightin' words to me!!

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #17  
davitk said:
I spoke with my Bobcat dealer on Friday, he said that the 'programs' Bobcat compact tractors will carry will mirror Kubota's.... sounds like fightin' words to me!!

They would have to be at least as good to make any impact. With Kubota having such a large market share and Bobcat having none in this space it will take Bobcat a long time to have much impact. Simply mirroring Kubota's plans won't have much impact unless the price is substancially less.

Andy

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #18  
Maka said:
Bobcat sold to Doosan (who bought Daewoo) and with the aquision of Bobcat makes Doosan one of the largest heavy equipment manufacturers in the world. I think it moved them from number 7 spot to number 4 spot but would have to go back and verify this. A different manufacturer called Daedong is the manufacturer of Kioti and owns the Kioti brand. Doosan has an agreement with Daedong to manufacture the Bobcat tractors.

Ok, my mistake. The various tractor company's intricate agreements/purchases of each other are really amazing to follow. I was under the impression that daewoo owned Daedong before they were bought by Doosan, but apparently that's incorrect.

Cliff

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor
Tried the white-sheeted Kioti, too cramped for my tastes. :( Back to the Kubota. :)

/ Bobcat Compact Tractor #20  
Hmmm... I found the Kubota too cramped for me and I am going back to the Kioti.