Bobcat CT230

/ Bobcat CT230 #11  
The deals on the 230 are great, but the deal on the 120 is not much better than the other manufacturers. I looked at Bobcat and if I had wanted a 230 sized tractor, then I would have bought one. However I specifically wanted a smaller tractor, and was able to get my BX with a 60" MMM, FEL, and backblade for less than the 120 cost with just a free FEL.

Apples to Oranges, the BX series Kubota's are lawnmowers with loaders whereas the Bobcat CT series are compact utility tractors with higher capacities, larger attachments/implements and larger heavier frames. They are completely different tractors and the fact that they are close in price means either the Bobcat is a good deal or the Kubota is not...

/ Bobcat CT230 #12  
Derek,
You're going to start something calling BXs "lawnmowers with loaders." Their owners are pretty rabid fans of the little machines. I agree though, it's an apples to oranges comparison. A CT120/CK20 is rated to lift more on the 3pt than a BX1860 weighs and will work circles around a BX or any other SCUT. The BX and Bobcat CT are both good deals though--that MMM for a BX isn't cheap, and adding a finish mower to a CT package will push the price up to make a fairly significant difference in cost between it and a BX.

/ Bobcat CT230 #13  
I love the BX tlb versions and would have one in a minute if the CFO approved. Perfect supplement to my DK and it would be a lot easier to use around the house or on smaller tasks. The CK20 Is certainly
more tractor but the BX is great.

/ Bobcat CT230 #14  
I love the BX tlb versions and would have one in a minute if the CFO approved. Perfect supplement to my DK and it would be a lot easier to use around the house or on smaller tasks. The CK20 Is certainly
more tractor but the BX is great.

I agree. When I bought my CT235, I decided to keep my BX23. It's got a nice backhoe, FEL, it's easy to transport, great for tight spaces and small jobs. It's not a powerhouse, but it gets the job done.

/ Bobcat CT230 #15  
Apples to Oranges, the BX series Kubota's are lawnmowers with loaders whereas the Bobcat CT series are compact utility tractors with higher capacities, larger attachments/implements and larger heavier frames. They are completely different tractors and the fact that they are close in price means either the Bobcat is a good deal or the Kubota is not...

A 60" MMM is well over $2000 so there is quite a price difference. Not to mention to get a MMM on a 120 there is an additional $600 charge for some parts kit you have to buy to mount it. The BX has more hp than your "super duty" Kioti and other than a couple inches of ground clearance can do every task the 120 can do. The 230 is a much bigger machine and a great deal IF you want that size tractor. However I stand by my statement on the 120/122, they are no more of a bargain than any other small machine out there

/ Bobcat CT230 #16  

Lawnmower with a loader ...I don't think so.

Won't even dignify that absurd statement with an insult.

/ Bobcat CT230 #17  
Lawnmower with a loader ...I don't think so.

Won't even dignify that absurd statement with an insult.

I don't think anyone would say that about the BX TLB models but opinions may vary on the basic BX with MMM, virgin 3pt and undented loader bucket.

/ Bobcat CT230 #18  
I don't think anyone would say that about the BX TLB models but opinions may vary on the basic BX with MMM, virgin 3pt and undented loader bucket.

The BX TLB models are a different beast from the regular BX machines, hence the numbering system is different than a run of the mill BX. The BX TLB fits into the micro end of the B21, L39, M59 lineup and all are designed as a tlb and beefed up to handle the abuse a BH can dish out. The TLBs are hardly in the same class as their regular series machines.

/ Bobcat CT230 #19  
The BX has more hp than your "super duty" Kioti and other than a couple inches of ground clearance can do every task the 120 can do.

Let's see...

Your BX2360 has 23HP compared to the CK20S at 22HP, WOW what a difference that must make. Of course your lawnmower has to ring out to 3200rpms to make that horsepower where the Kioti makes it's peak power at 2,800rpms. How often do you run that tractor at 3200rpms...? At PTO rpms, I bet the Kioti is making more power. Your BX hydraulics run at 6.3 gpm vs. the Kioti's 7.6 gpm. Your 3pt hitch lifts just 670lbs 24" back where the Kioti can lift 1,305lbs at 24" back. Your loader lifts 745lbs at the pivot pins to a height of 71.3" and as 992lbs of breakout whereas the Kioti can lift 1,074lbs at the pins to a full height of 88" and has 1,511lbs of breakout force.

So your "mighty" lawnmower "can do every task the 120 can do." Well can it lift over 1,000lbs to over 7ft? Can it lift a 1,200lb rear attachment? Can it dig into a large pile of packed clay and scoop up a full buckets worth of it requiring some real breakout force? No, No, and No!

It can cut grass better then probably any tractor loader out there, so to me that makes it a lawnmower with a loader. I am not saying it's a bad thing but don't tell me you got a comparable tractor for the same price when it can't even lift 800lbs in the bucket and barely has enough rear lift for a large attachment. :rolleyes:

/ Bobcat CT230 #20  
So your "mighty" lawnmower "can do every task the 120 can do." Well can it lift over 1,000lbs to over 7ft? Can it lift a 1,200lb rear attachment? Can it dig into a large pile of packed clay and scoop up a full buckets worth of it requiring some real breakout force? No, No, and No!

It can cut grass better then probably any tractor loader out there, so to me that makes it a lawnmower with a loader. I am not saying it's a bad thing but don't tell me you got a comparable tractor for the same price when it can't even lift 800lbs in the bucket and barely has enough rear lift for a large attachment. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

I refuse to denegrate and insult other individuals equipment as you seem to be entertained by doing. We all made significant investments in our machines and bought them for individual purposes.

Honestly, I don't need to lift 800lb with the loader, 2 300-400lb trips work just fine. My 400lb 3ph attachments are all that I need. The backhoe may not be excavator size, but it does the job. Anything bigger would be a waste of space and money in my case.

Not everyone has your feelings on the matter, think before you type.