BOBCAT REMAKING THE TRACTOR *RELEASE 2019*

/ BOBCAT REMAKING THE TRACTOR *RELEASE 2019* #31  
My 02.... I wouldn't touch one with a 10'. Why would someone go back to them after they bailed out last time. As soon as the economy turns again..they will once again bail out of the tractor market, leaving owners wondering where to get parts or service. Stick to real manufacturers and local dealers who will be there through thick and thin.

They didn't bail, bobcat was bought out by Doosan so they had to part ways with Kioti at that point which is what the base bobcat tractors are.
I am lucky as my local bobcat dealer is also the Kioti dealer. Kioti branded parts are cheaper to buy anyhow and usually easier to cross reference the part numbers for aftermarket filters ect.

/ BOBCAT REMAKING THE TRACTOR *RELEASE 2019* #32  
Bobcat did not leave anyone high and dry except the dealers. I have found that Bobcat service is outstanding and parts have never been a problem. They still stock some of the most common items.

/ BOBCAT REMAKING THE TRACTOR *RELEASE 2019* #33  
Actually, Bobcat was a subsidiary of the Ingersoll Rand Company from 1995 until*July 2007, when it was sold for US$4.9 billion to Doosan Infracore. Apparently at that time Doosan approached Kubota with the desire to market a Bobcat BRANDED line of CUT's. Kubota refused, stating only they sell their tractors. To that it is believed that Doosan responded by announcing they would phase out of using Kubota engines in the Bobcat Skid Steer line. The response by Kubota is believed to be their sole motivation for entering the Skid Steer market. Subsequently, Doosan approached Daedong, who's Kioti branded tractors were slowly coming into their own with a strong reputation but a non existant dealer base, and announced their intention. Thus the Bobcat tractor came into being.

/ BOBCAT REMAKING THE TRACTOR *RELEASE 2019* #34  
Funny how the Daedong and Kubota 2.2 litre engines are twins in every sense. I have read numerous stories of guys swapping one for the other and then during tear downs and rebuilds there are no differences either and guys have swapped internal parts as well. :confused3: O ther than the sticker on the valve cover they are the same engine. I had a couple Kubotas and one with the 2.2 and I can say the engine in the Bobcat is identical. So when i read stories about parting ways due to engines I have to question those stories.

/ BOBCAT REMAKING THE TRACTOR *RELEASE 2019* #35  
Funny how the Daedong and Kubota 2.2 litre engines are twins in every sense. I have read numerous stories of guys swapping one for the other and then during tear downs and rebuilds there are no differences either and guys have swapped internal parts as well. :confused3: O ther than the sticker on the valve cover they are the same engine. I had a couple Kubotas and one with the 2.2 and I can say the engine in the Bobcat is identical. So when i read stories about parting ways due to engines I have to question those stories.
That's interesting. As is this denial:
Press Release Regarding Settlement in Kubota v. Daedong 'Kioti' Case | Business Wire

/ BOBCAT REMAKING THE TRACTOR *RELEASE 2019* #36  

I had the motor on my Bobcat rebuilt a couple years ago. They were doing the same to a Kubota. You could hardly tell them apart.

/ BOBCAT REMAKING THE TRACTOR *RELEASE 2019* #38  
I had the motor on my Bobcat rebuilt a couple years ago. They were doing the same to a Kubota. You could hardly tell them apart.

curious as to the reason you needed the engine rebuild

/ BOBCAT REMAKING THE TRACTOR *RELEASE 2019* #39  

You could hardly? So you are saying that they are different?

/ BOBCAT REMAKING THE TRACTOR *RELEASE 2019* #40  
curious as to the reason you needed the engine rebuild

I ran over a small cherry tree while bushogging, it speared the oil filter. I was on a hillside and it starved the engine for oil pretty quickly.