Bobcat to discontinue Tractors?

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #71  
Yes and the crazy part is that even if you agree there is global warming, there is no proof that it is man made or a natural cycle. So we may never know if all this regulation is helping or not. 50 or 100 years from now people may say "oops" that wasn't the problem, we are now going into an ice age.

While we are regulating tractor engines here in the US, the Chinese are opening a new coal fired power generating plant every week and they do not have back coal, they are running them on brown coal. There is a move afoot to get them to use US bituminous coal since it is so much cleaner than what they are currently using. The Japanese would probably give China the technology to build nuclear power plants since Japan is essentially down wind of China.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #72  
Yes and the crazy part is that even if you agree there is global warming, there is no proof that it is man made or a natural cycle. So we may never know if all this regulation is helping or not. 50 or 100 years from now people may say "oops" that wasn't the problem, we are now going into an ice age.

You're right, we don't know for sure, even though the people who spend their days trying to figure it out seem to think it is. In 50 or 100 year we may say oops, we were wrong, or maybe we won't. You really want to roll that set of dice?

I agree, there are a ton of problems much bigger than tractor emissions to overcome in the world if this is a man made issue, but you can only control what you're doing, not the other guy. China is making some progress, mostly because of the incredible pollution they're dealing with in some areas, but you're right, it's not enough. Per capita, US citizens are still by far the biggest polluters in the world and us Canuks aren't far behind.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #73  
The newer emission is going to change the equipment business for years to come. They have nothing but trouble with the trucks and such. I hope they dont put urea or DPF's on off road equipment because if they do I dont want one...

I would rather have SCR then a Cooled EGR set up. It is a far superior set up.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #74  
What is the point in owning a desiel if you can see it smoke or smell it?

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #75  
What is the point in owning a desiel if you can see it smoke or smell it?

Did you mean to say cant? Because this is 2012, and with the cost of fuel, people do not want to see it coming out the pipe. Overfueling is not good.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #76  
WilliamBos said:
Did you mean to say cant? Because this is 2012, and with the cost of fuel, people do not want to see it coming out the pipe. Overfueling is not good.

Just trying to be funny. There are still quite a few of desiel hot rodders out there.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #77  
Just trying to be funny. There are still quite a few of desiel hot rodders out there.

I hear you there. Got passed by a Dmax last week, and got smoked out, next car ahead of me he did it again. Only thing I can say it I will be picky if buying a used diesel, unless it was a 2011 model, where any kind of tune/programmer can be detected. Also will be GM optimum used only. Otherwise, it will be new.

/ Bobcat to discontinue Tractors? #79  
It would be worse on a bike

Wow....I really hope that guy misses a curve someday and meets the guiderail doing crap like that...who kind of scum does that to people?:thumbdown: