Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac?

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #21  
I have a Power Trac 1845 and I really like it. However, if money were no object, I would have a toolcat instead. That's because I like the resale value, the availability of attachments from different sources, the kubota engine, and the idea of mowing during hot summer days in the comfort of an air conditioned cab.

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a Power Trac 1845 and I really like it. However, if money were no object, I would have a toolcat instead. That's because I like the resale value, the availability of attachments from different sources, the kubota engine, and the idea of mowing during hot summer days in the comfort of an air conditioned cab. )</font>
marrt,
Until Aug 31, Bobcat is providing cab enclosure, heat & ac for free (usu. a $3600 option). Also remember Bobcat dealers discount off the list price of the machine and attachments, but that is unlikely to happen with a PT purchased directly from manufacturer. Thus the premium for a Toolcat 5600T or 5600B over a Power Trac 18xx is smaller than you might think.

To achieve even lower price points (& higher volume), it is rumored a stripped-down Toolcat 4600 is on the way. I don't know what features they will eliminate or downgrade. I'd still want everything the 5600T offers.

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #23  
Hi Kent,

I looked at Toolcats for a very long time. I searched for new and used. My Bobcat dealer was not budging off list, and his used rental vehicles were not much cheaper. I missed the factory incentives by only a couple of weeks, or I would have bought new.

I paid $27,000 for the tractor with a few added upgrades, 72" mower, 68" bucket, and 7.5' Boss hydraulic snow plow delivered. I got the best deal I could, but the depreciation was not very much off of what is now selling for new out there. I do know I saved quite a bit from my Bobat dealer's 2003 rental units.

The amount of work this thing can do is incredible. The time to switch between attachments is incredible. The comfort and ease of use is incredible. And for all things incredible, the price of attachments is incredibly high...

I have no regrets.

Regards,

Yooper Dave

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #24  
Ken:
I'm across the river from the proposed Equestrian Center - Old Crownsville State Hospital
I don't need land values to go up any more. We used to be out in the country. Now we're a green patch in the suburbs.

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #25  
<font color="green"> ( I can put most any skid steer attachment in the front, and get some of the attachments from a skid steer rental store. )
This is a great advantage of Toolcat over Power Trac. My nearest Bobcat dealer is also a major rental store and rents several dozen or more attachments that are suited for Toolcat. </font>

In the Power Trac forum a while back, I posted pictures of an adapter I had welded up, so I can use Bobcat attachments on my PT 1845. I have a grapple bucket that uses that system. Someone pointed out that I might not want to hook to rental hydraulic implements without some protection against contamination. That would go for the Toolcat, as well.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="green"> ( I can put most any skid steer attachment in the front, and get some of the attachments from a skid steer rental store. )
This is a great advantage of Toolcat over Power Trac. My nearest Bobcat dealer is also a major rental store and rents several dozen or more attachments that are suited for Toolcat. </font>
In the Power Trac forum a while back, I posted pictures of an adapter I had welded up, so I can use Bobcat attachments on my PT 1845. I have a grapple bucket that uses that system. Someone pointed out that I might not want to hook to rental hydraulic implements without some protection against contamination. That would go for the Toolcat, as well. )</font>

Charlie,
Thanks for the hydraulic rental warning reminder. Makes you less likely to want to rent attachments from any old rental outfit with a cheap rental price.

But I'd be less concerned renting attachments from the same dealer I would purchase the machine from, especially during the warranty period (and if they could convincingly demonstrate that that dealer's shop was servicing most of the machines using the particular rental attachments being considered)!

I made my purchase! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Among the diverse machines considered over the past year were those in the Case-IH Farmall DX/ (or NH equiv.), MF 1500, MF low-profile 400 ag/utility, Kubuta RTV utility vehicle, Bobcat A300 AWS loader, Gehl 280/480 AWS loader, Bobcat compact track loader T, Power Trac 1400, Power Trac 1800, and Bobcat Toolcat series.

I'm getting a Bobcat Toolcat 5600 Turbo Work Machine plus these front-mounted attachments:

*Bobcat Dirt Bucket, 62"
*Bobcat Box Scraper, 68"
*Bobcat Pallet Fork Frame w/ 48" Teeth
*Bobcat Mower, 72" (3-spindle finish)
*Ammbusher Brushcutter, 60" w/front wheel assembly
*C.I.D. Root Rake Brush Grapple, 63"
*Markham Welding Stump/ Grubbin' Bucket, 14"-28"

The Toolcat features a 56hp Kubota diesel, 18gpm @3000 psi aux. hyd., 1500 lb. ROC lift arm to 84", 4/wheel steering, oscillation, 4WD, HST, cruise control, passenger seat, Cab Enclosure with Heat & AC, Attachment Control Kit, Enhanced Radiator Screen, Rear View Mirror, etc.

Thanks, TBNers. Look for "in-action" photos and reports after delivery later this week!

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #28  
I'm completely jealous!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Please, please, PLEASE keep us informed on how that Toolcat and all your attachments work!

BTW, did you order the rear PTO and hydraulic SCV? I'm assuming it can be had as either a factory or dealer installed option.

Also, I had been wondering if someone made a FEL attachment just like that Markham grubbing bucket. Looks like it is an inexpensive alternative to a BH for simple trenching needs!

And did I say I'm completely and totally jealous? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm completely jealous!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Please, please, PLEASE keep us informed on how that Toolcat and all your attachments work!
BTW, did you order the rear PTO and hydraulic SCV? I'm assuming it can be had as either a factory or dealer installed option.
Also, I had been wondering if someone made a FEL attachment just like that Markham grubbing bucket. Looks like it is an inexpensive alternative to a BH for simple trenching needs!
And did I say I'm completely and totally jealous? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>
bam747,
I'll keep you updated. I did not order the rear PTO and hydraulic SCV now, but I did confirm them to be dealer-installed (and available after initial purchase) options, rather than factory-installed only.

The Markham Welding small grubbin' bucket works best for my Toolcat and for skid-steer-type front-mounted attachment carriers where the operator has clear visibility and a good joystick and is located closer to bucket than with a conventional tractor. The Markham 14"- 28" grubbin' bucket was much less expensive than any of the 5 sizes of Bobcat Diggers, any of the Bobcat Trenchers & their mini-backhoes.

It appears the Toolcat factory incentives will run only for part of July and all of August 2005. They don't have excessive inventory of Toolcats. I understand Bobcat is/will be offering big incentives on excavators for the next few months.

My new Toolcat and four of the seven attachments were delivered Friday and put to use most of Saturday. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mowing rapidly with a front-mounted 72" deck while inside an enclosed, air-conditioned cab AND using 4-wheel-steering and axle oscillation is indeed a pleasure! Of particular note is the top-notch implementation of extensive independent (of the Toolcat) attachment flotation on the 72" Bobcat finish mower. This worked well on uneven ground with a cutting height from 2" up to 5.5 inches.

<font color="red"> Also, where should Bobcat Toolcat owners discuss Toolcat-specific topics that are not comparative? </font> Should we go to the Other Brands: All Other Brands, Related Equipment: Construction Equipment, RE: Lawn & Garden, RE: Ag Tractors & Machinery, and/or RE: ATVs & Utility Vehicles forums? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I suppose Toolcat comparisons with other compact tractors & equipment might be of interest in the various general forums.

BTW, so far we have a solid handfull of currently active TBNers with Toolcats: CRJCaptain in KY, yooperdave in WI & MI, odleefs in PA, a grandfather of cowboydoc, and BrianSouthernMD! Of course many Toolcats are sold to institutions, municipalities, etc.