Bolens 1468 won't shut off

/ Bolens 1468 won't shut off #1  

NewtoBolens37

Tractor
Bolens 1468 G14XL
Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. My 1468 starts fine but will not shut off. I thought if was the ignition but I just put a brand new old stock ignition in it last night and it's doing the same thing. What else could it be??? Can someone shed some light on this for me?? Thanks!!!

Jack York, PA

/ Bolens 1468 won't shut off #2  
any non oem stuff onit.. different charging system?. etc?

soundguy

/ Bolens 1468 won't shut off #3  
Must be something in the keyed switch that is not shutting off the power.

/ Bolens 1468 won't shut off #4  
or wireing to/from

/ Bolens 1468 won't shut off #5  
Check for disconnected switches off the carbuerator.
Had the same problem last year with my bolens.

/ Bolens 1468 won't shut off
As far as I can tell, there is nothing aftermarket on this tractor. It is in excellent condition and the new ignition I put in is the exact part number to the one in my manual. It starts great...and runs great...but just will not shut off. Maybe thats a good thing?? haha I will run all the wires tomorrow and check the carb Jean. Thanks guys....stay tunned!
Jack

/ Bolens 1468 won't shut off #7  
If this is a gas engine, check the ground wire from the ign back to the ign switch. You have to short out the ign to shut off engine, or remove voltage.

/ Bolens 1468 won't shut off
When this happened to me the last time, I physically removed the battery, unhooked the solenoid, unplugged the ignition and the attachment drive and the tractor still stayed running....I finally had to pull the spark plug wires off to stop it! It is a gas engine...it has the 14 horse Vanguard. I will check every wire I can short of tearing the wiring harnesses apart for a loose wire or broken wire. Thanks!

/ Bolens 1468 won't shut off #9  
Don't suppose you have the owner's manual with schematic? There should be three wires coming from under the engine's blower housing shroud. Two will be together and are associated with the charging system. The third wire is probably black and its the "kill" wire from the coil. On some models the wires share a common plug, but most have them separate. A B&S service manual would help you and probably be money well spent especially if you plan to keep the tractor.:thumbsup:

Jim

/ Bolens 1468 won't shut off #10  
Not sure if this will help you in anyway,but I have attached these pics for you to look at.I also have a 1468 and thought maybe the photos would help in some way.If you need any more pics I will get them for you.

Attachments

• 100_0076.JPG
    100_0076.JPG
    441.1 KB · Views: 279
  • 100_0078.JPG
    100_0078.JPG
    455.8 KB · Views: 319
  • 100_0080.JPG
    100_0080.JPG
    589.8 KB · Views: 297