Boomer Problems

/ Boomer Problems #21  
I'm curious if anyone has every had any issues with the drawbars on the back of their NH? I recently went to put on my four foot blade for pushing snow etc. I noticed right away that the drawbars were not picking it up or lowering it down. I had also just taken of my six foot cut brush hog and had not had any problems? My hydraulic fuel maybe a little low, is there something else that may be going on?

Thanks in advance.

/ Boomer Problems #22  
Barry, you need to work on your terminology a bit. You had me going when you said "drawbars" (plural). Then you said they weren't picking up. Those are NOT drawbars, they are 3PH lift arms. Your drawbar is in the middle, coming out from under the PTO, and is fixed. It does not raise. You can use an old drawbar that fits between the lift arms, but by your description of mounting a blade, this is not what you are talking about. Finally, hydraulic fluid is not fuel. It's just hydraulic fluid that gets used over and over instead of being used up like fuel.

For any of us to answer your questions, we need to know what model your tractor is. Whether you have a loader, and if you have remotes. Also if you hydraulic reservoir is a little low, what does that mean? Can you see fluid on the dipstick?

Help us by giving more info and using the right terms, please.

/ Boomer Problems #23  
Jim,

Thanks for your reply, sorry for any miscommunication. I am having issues with my 3PH lift arms on my TC33D New Holland boomer. I don't know the exact level of the hydraulic fluid due to the location of the toolbox in proximity to the dip stick. I will take the tool box off later today to get a more accurate reading. My tractor does have a loader, and has hydraulic remotes on the back of the tractor (which have never been used).

If it is a hydraulic fluid issue why would the loader work properly but not the 3ph lift arms? The other problem I am having is that my manual has turned up missing. I normally would have consulted it first.

Thanks again for you patients working with this part-time Vermont farmer!

Barry

/ Boomer Problems #24  
Thanks for that additional info, Barry. Have you tried using your remotes for anything? If they work, then the 3PH should also work. However, the remote valves that the levers control sometimes will get gummed up and cause the levers to stick. Make sure they are both centered. If the remotes don't work, then your problem is probably in the joystick valve where it has a "power beyond plug" that can become loosened so that only the loader works. Everything after the loader (which is the remotes and 3PH) all have to have that power beyond plug installed properly. So check that your remotes are centered and that the remotes have pressure as they should. Those two things will tell us a lot more about how to tell you to proceed. I'll check back for this thread tomorrow morning.

/ Boomer Problems #25  
Jim,

I have never used the remotes before. Regarding the "power beyond plug" would this be located somewhere under the joystick? Again not having my manual I'm at a disadvantage, I may have to go out and purchase a new one. Due to the holiday I may not have time to get out there and do too much investigation. I will try take a peak later in the week and I will reply of my findings here.

Thanks again for your willingness to help out.

Barry

/ Boomer Problems #26  
Barry, I was feeling sick this morning and didn't get back to you. Go to this post in another thread and look at the photo and drawing. It's for my TC45D, but your tractor's joystick valve should be very similar. Look under the hex cover to see if the plug has popped out.

If you've never used your remotes, maybe you bumped one and it stuck. They get stiff when not used. Just make sure they are both centered.

/ Boomer Problems #27  
I have a tc55ad boomer have a problem it is smoking [blow by ] that's what I call it anyone got any ideals for me to do to fix this problem ?

/ Boomer Problems #28  
I have a TC40DA with a loader. It's about 8 years old and has 1400 hours on it. Recently I have had it stall while I am using it. The fuel filter bowl is only partly full. I remove the return line from the top of the filter assy and let it bleed. Then I can restart and continue to use the tractor. I have blown out the return line and tried leaving the fuel cap loose. Have also replaced the fuel filter. This has happened several times over the last few months in all temperatures. Any thoughts?

/ Boomer Problems #29  
If it's only during this endless cold winter, maybe you have fuel gelled in the tank or line ahead of the filter. Try some Power Service 911 or equal. Or wait until (what) May?
Jim

/ Boomer Problems #30  
Sorry not to get back to you sooner, jimmy. Mom passed at 95 and we've been busy with arrangements.

Anyhow, the problem with the tractor has been happening since last summer. Not a cold weather problem. I wonder if there is a problem with the fuel pump, but I'm not sure what pressure it should be putting out. Meanwhile, every 10 hours or so, it just quits. Bleed the fuel filter bowl and it will re-start (after cranking for a while) and runs fine.