Bottom plow for a 24 HP tractor

/ Bottom plow for a 24 HP tractor #31  
I have a 24 HP B 7610 Kubota and I would like to do some planting in the spring. The land used to be scrub forest and brier bushes until I let loose my brush hog. This land has never been worked before. Is my machine powerful enough for a 3 pt double bottom plow (possibly triple)? Anyone have any ideas on the best brand/type? Thanks, Jester

Your ground I believe is sandy but I'd still only go with a one bottom!!!

/ Bottom plow for a 24 HP tractor #32  
The statement that a plow is designed to plow at a depth of half it's width is misinformation. Wider plow bottoms were designed for more trash clearance not more depth. You can plow at any depth you want. Some depth's leave a better job than others. :) I've seen plowing done at anywhere's from 4 -14 inches. It just depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I've plowed with 1,2,5,6,7,and 8 bottom plows. One deere plow even had on the go adjustable width. You could plow from 14-20 inches wide per furrow. You set it narrower for heavy soils and wider for the lighter soils and once you got good at it you could even straighten out your furrows with it!