Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd!

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #1  

Anonymous Poster

I posted this message in the general buying pricing forum also, I have been browsing this site for some time and just wanted to say thanks to all the posters who led me to Mahindra. I am now the proud owner of a 4500 4wd w/fel and 6'' foot brushhog for $19,595 delivered from 70 miles away. After all the positive comments and o% int financing and 3 yr warr I was sold before I ever sat on/drove the tractor. ruled out Zetor and LongTrac pretty quick, althogh Zetor had a couple of feature that Mahindra would do well to copy, like telescoping lift arms and that nifty little on-board aircompressor! Anyway I had to register and post this to thank all of you for some great reding and ideas! Chet

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #3  
Again...congrats! I saw your post in the general buying section. This is why I have been pushing for a "Mahindra" sub heading. Forum Master says has to be more traffic for Mahindra before it can be justified. Well, we now have another buyer /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, so keep posting and hopefully soon you won't have to post in different sections to make sure everyone gets info on Mahindra related topics, and its easier to find. I do have a question for you, does your tractor come with draft control?

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #4  
Hey Chet,

Mahindra USA is growing quite quickly these days,so I'm sure they'd like to hear your comments. The two things you bring up are valid options. The telescoping links would not be all that hard to add to them,even as an option. The air compressor might be a bit different though. Zetor has it for trailer brakes in Europe,so they have it engineered in from the begining. Not sure if Mahindra could do it economically or not,but hey it don't hurt to ask,eh.

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd!
Slippy, to answer both at once, yes it does have a draft control and the cutter is a Mohawk brand, Chet

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd!
Woodbeef, it has even crossed my mind to see if the Zetor arms could be fitted to the Mahindra. I may look into that after I get the tractor delivered. I wonder how much those lift arms would cost, HMMM....

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #7  
Hey Chet,

Try emailing Mahindra first,and see what they say about your idea.

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #8  
<font color="blue"> This is why I have been pushing for a "Mahindra" sub heading. Forum Master says has to be more traffic for Mahindra before it can be justified. </font>

Mahindra /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #9  
Mahindra /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #10  
Mahindra /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif