Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd!

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #11  
Makers Mark,

Can't say much about your tractor brand but I sure do enjoy your whiskey!

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd!
I sent an e-mail to the Pres of MahindraUSA today, will post with any results. Terribly sorry if I upset anyone I will only post in the correct forum from hence forth!

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #13  
Hey Chet,

Good luck and keep us posted!!

HHmmm......now lets see as Slippy might say.....If there was a Mahindra Forum you would have known where to post it to begin with!! Do not worry you're new around here,and not the first one to post in the wrong spot.

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #14  
Chet:
My comments were in no way ment to be critical of you. I simply am taking the opportunity to make comments of this nature where I get the chance so we can convince the Forum Master to begin a Mahindra sub heading. By the way, the President of Mahindra USA is Derek Johannes. I have spoken to him a number of times. He is a very busy guy, and you have to stay after him, but I have found him to be a fair guy and is interested in consumer comments.

Slippy, I did not aim that comment at you. It was in response to the forum masters chastising all of us for various postings in the wrong category, and no I did not take it personnaly, I was just joking for heaven's sake. After 20 years in the USAF and six years as a Junior High teacher, I have skin so thick you couldnt hurt my feelings with mere words. as for my $.02 worth, dump the general buying and pricing forum and post everything in brand specific areas, then no confusuion?
Bonus: Mahindra would get it's own heading!! Well, gotta go home my new tractor is being delivered in about an hour or so!! Think I will bundle up and drive it to school tommorrow, Chet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #16  
Hey Chet:
Great! Lets have a makers mark. You may need it if you drove that tractor to school. Did you get it? Happy with it? Not sure if this is your first tractor, but note that you got FEL and cutter, but did not see you purchased snow blade. Did you get one of those also?

Yes, it was a little nipply at 6AM his morning, about 38F! But I drove it to school anyhow. The makers mark would have hit the spot, but I will have to save that for when I get home! Did not get a snow blade, we usually only get one or two snowfalls here in Little Dixie, just so happens we got about 6 inches monday evening, but it is all gone now. Never stays cold enough. Slippy, I love the tractor so far, but there are two items I cannot find reference to in the owners manual. One is the little green light in the bottom right corner of the tach guage that winks on & off occassionally and the other is the red light just above the horn button that goes out after it has run for a couple of minutes. Do you have those & know what they indicate? Chet ps This is not my first tractor, I have had a Super C for many years and an IH 404, but this IS my first BRAND NEW TRACTOR(I am still tickled about that)

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #18  
Chet:
The winking green light below the tach is the indicator that the hour meter is running. It blinks every _ seconds or every minute. Never really timed it. But, it just lets you know it is working.
As for the red light above the horn, that is, I believe, for the glow plug. It tells you it is heating at the start up. Will see that more so in cold weather when it is necessary to heat up ignition system in a diesel engine before and just at the start up of the tractor. I will check and verify to make sure for you. My tractor has both lights and does the same thing. Nothing to worry about as long as you see them working. Glad to see you like the tractor so far. Can't wait to hear how it works for you in the field when putting load on it.

The dealer mech agreed on the green light, said he has not noticed it before. The red light indicates that the preheater in the intake manifold is warming the air prior to start. Dealer mech said it does not have glowplugs. After scouring the owners manual again, I found reference to said heater in specs and wiring diagram, apparently it heats up to about 1600 degrees for about 20 seconds. Dealer mech said you do not have to wait on it to go out to start above 30 degrees, but it helps if you wait when outside temp is below that value. It will be a few weeks before I work the tractor, got to wait for the grass to grow up to make hay. Might do some brushhogging before then though, and will undoubtedly use the loader some. Mahindra could do a little better job on the owners manual, it also does not explain the "clog switch" or associated warning light, but I would guess it has to do with the air intake filtration system. Forgot to ask Mech when I had him on the phone this morning. Love the tractor so far, it even fits into my tractor shed(barely) with the ROPS up. Chet

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #20  
Hi Chet,

Is there a concern not having glow plugs during the winter months? Is a block heater a requirement?

Though I am no expert, I have never heard of a diesel engine not having a glow plug.

Way up North, the temperature gets below zero for several days at a time. Sure starts are not always guaranteed.

Can anybody in the know elaborate on this?

Thanks

Yooper Dave