Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd!

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd!
my little Mahindra 4110 model has glow plugs. Only once, when it was below zero wind chill here for 4 or 5 days straight, did I have to click the glow plugs twice, for it to start. My Dodge Cummins engine, I plug in.

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #22  
<font color="blue">…I have never heard of a diesel engine not having a glow plug…</font>

I’ll take an educated guess and would say most all farm/utility tractors that you’ve seen in your lifetime are Direct Injection diesels that don’t use glow plugs… only Indirect injection diesels use glow plugs because of their design…

Direct Injection versus Indirect-Injection…

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #23  
Yup,like JM3 said some have manifold pre heaters,some have glow plugs. The Cummins engines used in Dodge trucks have always only had manifold pre heaters.

Yooper Dave,a recirculating type block heater is the way to go in the Upper!!

/ Bought a Mahindra 4500 4wd! #24  
Ok, you got me here Chet, what is a "clog switch"?

Slippy, I saw it on the wiring diagram in the owners manual, which I don't have handy at the moment. I do not have internet at the house, we live too far out to get DSL, so I am only on-line at school(gotta love T-1 access!). I will post later with more details after I remember to bring the owners manual with me. Chet

well Yooper Dave, although I am huge Packers fan, I don't think I could handle living there. The worst it gets here during the winter is an occasional low temp in the high teens, and maybe two snowfalls, so not having glow plugs is not a big issue