Comparison Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #52  
Not dropping the 4707 in the US, only in Europe.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #53  
AGCO has hopefully worked with another dealer to fix the tractor. They are assuring me that it is fixed and I will hopefully have it back in the next few days. I sure wished that I lived closer to the dealer that fixed it!
The tractor now has almost 500 hours. Massey made everything right. The tractor has been wonderful once it was fixed. My only issue has been with the smoothness of the loader float functions. I did have 2 directive loader controls where the cable ball ends busted in the handle plate.

Last edited:
   / Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #54  
Thanks for the update. It's good to hear that they made everything right. I'm waiting on a 4707 now. My dealer is an hour away and seems to be very pro active. He is saying that he is hoping for it to arrive late in January, but it might be as late as April. I don't understand this, but there is a lot in the world right now that I don't understand.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #55  
I think it’ll be worth the wait. So far I wouldn’t change much about my machine other than some small QC items. My servicing dealer in Montana is terrific.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #56  
Thanks. I was going to buy used, but for the money, a brand new 4707 had everything on my dream list and zero percent interest. I don't really need it until Spring, but it's getting harder and harder to wait for it to arrive.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #57  
I bought a Massey 4707 and it has been nothing but a lemon. I live in Montana. In July of 2019 I bought the tractor in Oklahoma because they were the only dealer that had the FL3615 Loader in stock at the time. The tractor was delivered in mid-September 2019 with the 3 point hitch out of calibration and the fender controls inoperative. Also, there was a severe draw on the battery. I reached out to the dealer and we began troubleshooting the 3 point problems. They pretended to not know what I was talking about. We went through diagnosis over video phone. I was unable to fix it. After many delays we got (they paid) the tractor to Dealer at the end of January where it has sat ever since.

Recently, I did learn that the dealer was having problems with the 3 point hitch when it was in new stock in Oklahoma as well has having battery issues- prior to my possession. I was not exactly happy to learn this.

After 3 weeks I involved AGCO corporate. At 4 weeks I request a loaner, as the dealer was still waiting on wiring diagrams. At 5 weeks the cab has to come off and they are going to start chasing wires and I'm still waiting on a loaner. I'm not impressed at all. Almost $55,000 and I can't do a thing with it.
I recently purchased a 2021 4707 and am having issues with raising and lowering the 3pt hitch arms. It's as if the control in the cab isn't really connected to the hitch arms. You move them up a little and stop, but they keep going.

Aside from that, this is an awesome tractor. I have the optional upgraded FL 3615 loader and it was well worth the extra money.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #58  
Thanks for the advice. The positives in my case is MF dealer is closest and good folks (family owne for 25 years). Con- if I dont pay cash price difference is substantial.
Big premium to finance at 0%.
I will look at both again next weekend. I have not looked at Case IH.
Bought a 4707 added lots is comfy stuff but the clutch shifts so hard from start and hard to do light work of loading trucks or wrapper (ie no feathering clutch) must use shuttle
Also for those who do not like DEF reprogram computer buy the 4707 and turn it up

Last edited:
   / Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #59  
Been a few more months with the 4707 now. The dealer had to take it back due to numerous issues:

1. Coolant leak above the cab dripping down the back window
2. 3pt hitch controls not working correctly
3. Hood shocks wouldn't lift the hood and keep it raised

They fixed the coolant leak and supposedly did something with the 3pt hitch (and it is better), but it's still not right. The Hood problem persists. They said they'll send someone out with new shocks and put them on.

If I ignore the two remaining issues, this is a really, really nice tractor. Very capable, very comfortable cab, very good loader (FL3615). I love this tractor, but the 3pt hitch issue constantly bites me as I regularly use this tractor to move trailers around the farm and the controls are just wonky.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #60  
I'm still waiting on mine, so I really appreciate hearing about your tractor, and others. I think that every brand is going to have it's issues, I'm just hoping that it's only little things that can be easily fixed when I get mine.