Comparison Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #61  
Eddie, I think you are going to be really pleased.
Compared to my prior 5740 cab Kubota, when you sink down in that air seat and get it all adjusted the way
you like, it's just a much nicer ride. Clearly there is some design issue or installation/adjustment problem with the three point hydraulics.

I owned that tractor in NC for a little over two years and and most of the time the hydraulics did what they were supposed to
but many times not. I'm hopeful with all the feedback Agco has been given, they came up with a more reliable solution.
There simply are too many folks have similar problems.

I also think that push button shifting never worked smoothly. My left leg was a lot smoother...
Now the reverser was fine, but I didn't use that button shifter much. It was jerky but I figured it was operator error.
If I bought another farm, I would buy that tractor again.
But I wouldn't accept the tractor until you test that three point/draft control at the dealer before delivery

My Kubota was flawlessly reliable over 7 years. The Massey was not, and that was the chance I took to get a really loaded
comfortable tractor for 50 grand. Second day I had that tractor I put two coats of wax on that long red hood and took a picture
of it that is still my pc screensaver. So i see the grill and lights of a 4707 when I turn on the computer.
Nice memories.
Hope you make some nice memories of your own.

I set the fast idle button at 1300. I'm retired, not using it for making money so I tried 1500, but didn't find that much difference in the
hydraulics. But when I had a 275 pound local fireman up on a Titan man lift with the FEL all the way up trimming trees, I sure kept the rpm up to 1500.
Pulling a disc or some heavier use you clearly go a lot faster but it purrs along pretty quietly in that cab. I had Trelleborg 34 radials on the rear and all that tire front and rear
really provided a stable platform for the FEL.

My farming neighbors drooled over that tractor. The farmers never looked twice at my Kubota. But when I was mowing farm roadsides with the 4707,
pretty consistently I'd see pickup trucks slowing down to take a look. Tractor had street cred....
Plus I'm a sucker for Ferrari red. Makes the other reds look blah.

hope that helps make the wait better...

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #62  
I recently purchased a 2021 4707 and am having issues with raising and lowering the 3pt hitch arms. It's as if the control in the cab isn't really connected to the hitch arms. You move them up a little and stop, but they keep going.

Aside from that, this is an awesome tractor. I have the optional upgraded FL 3615 loader and it was well worth the extra money.
Before you move the slider, turn off the draft control. Then move the slider all the way down, the up. Does it respond after going all the way down?

Have you tried any implements with the draft control off? Does it make corrections as if the draft control is on?

If any of this is familiar, you need to have the hitch recalibrated. Mine was way of when I first took delivery of the machine. There is a procedure in the Maintenance manual or ask you dealer if they can come do it. Once you figure the tractor out it is wonderful beast.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #63  
I just got a 2022 4707 w/ delux cab and FEL delivered the other day and I feel like I’m missing some buttons. First, the brake-to-neutral button isn’t anywhere. Definitely not where the manual shows it to be. I thought it was a feature and not an option. I’ve also read through the manual and that confirms that it’s a feature for all 12x12 transmissions regardless of cab or platform version. Second, there’s no 540/540e switch in the cab, which the manual indicates should be there. Either there’s a 540/540e button or a 540/540e/1000 button.

I’ll call the dealer Monday, but maybe I’m just completely wrong on what should be there? Anyone else not have the brake-to-neutral?

Additionally, I just want to mention how frustrating the manual is in some spots. There are lots of references to numbers on a diagram that doesn’t exist. And I mean there just isn’t a diagram to reference or the diagram that is there doesn’t have the number being referenced. Also, all of the diagrams of the buttons in the cab show reference numbers 1-15, but the text below only describes 8, 9, and 15. What’s the point of numbering all of the buttons and switches in a diagram if you’re not going to reference those numbers at all?

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #64  
I don't like the manual at all. It seems to me that they have so many versions throughout the world and they try to put in all in one manual.

My 540E/540 is on the actual PTO.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #65  
Not all 12x12s have "brake to neutral." Only the Dyna 2 transmission has that. Also, as H500D mentioned, the 540e switch/lever is on the PTO itself outside the cab.

And yes, the field manual leaves a lot to be desired.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #66  
Before you move the slider, turn off the draft control. Then move the slider all the way down, the up. Does it respond after going all the way down?

Have you tried any implements with the draft control off? Does it make corrections as if the draft control is on?

If any of this is familiar, you need to have the hitch recalibrated. Mine was way of when I first took delivery of the machine. There is a procedure in the Maintenance manual or ask you dealer if they can come do it. Once you figure the tractor out it is wonderful beast.
Make sure when you are in the cab you open one of the vent windows when you are in the cab shutting the main door. The cabs are really tight and my door was extremely hard to shut grabbing the door bar. I broke the glass on the door 😆