Bought a SCUT but need more power

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power
Thank you everyone some great info in here I was thinking about the mf1529 as well. A decent step up from 1526. I will look for the thread someone mentioned regarding bx vs b series. Pretty comparable to gc series vs 1500 series in MF. Also good call on testing it out first. I will ask about that.

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #12  
JMER,
I reread your thread posted earlier and still think the larger tractors were better for the initial work. I think you see that now and if you are adamant about doing the work yourself then get a 35 to 40 hp tractor to do the work. Still think that hiring the major work out and keeping what you have to maintain it is the best route though.

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #13  
JMER,
I reread your thread posted earlier and still think the larger tractors were better for the initial work. I think you see that now and if you are adamant about doing the work yourself then get a 35 to 40 hp tractor to do the work. Still think that hiring the major work out and keeping what you have to maintain it is the best route though.

I agree with this. If you are going to upgrade to a CUT, then you should get the most hp in the range. The tractor will be he same, it just has more power. Most manufacturers only add a small amount to move up to the next model, 25 hp - 30 hp - 35 hp.

Because of depreciation, it's cheaper to get that extra hp now then later.

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #14  
It doesn't really sound like horsepower is the heart of the problem. From what I'm reading, it's weight, hydraulics, and ground clearance. Don't buy too small again. Get the heaviest with the biggest hydraulic pump and tires and you can afford. Don't forget to load the tires. This will let you put the power to ground where you want and need it while keeping you well planted for loader work.

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #15  
McCormick sells red Kioti's (real pretty in red). You might want to check them out too. When I was looking, there was nothing close under 30 hp to the Kioti's for weight, and hydraulics. Mine is an awesome ground engaging machine and pretty good loader too. I suggest you look at the options in all the models your dealer sells in the 40 HP or less range. Compare them and drive them. I also really like the MF 1600 series. Very nice tractors.

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power
Thanks for summarizing that for me, that definitely helps. Weight hydraulics tires n clearance. That is same thing dealer told me - McCormick equals kioti. I think I can proly get more with McCormick than with MF 1500 series for the money. One thing I need to check is position control on McCormick. I know the MF 1500 have it. My gc2600 has a real jerky hitch and makes a screeching sound when I try to tap the hitch up a little. Makes box blading a pain sometimes.

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #17  
Thanks for summarizing that for me, that definitely helps. Weight hydraulics tires n clearance. That is same thing dealer told me - McCormick equals kioti. I think I can proly get more with McCormick than with MF 1500 series for the money. One thing I need to check is position control on McCormick. I know the MF 1500 have it. My gc2600 has a real jerky hitch and makes a screeching sound when I try to tap the hitch up a little. Makes box blading a pain sometimes.

All the Kioti's in this range are Position control. So I would assume the McCormick's are too. Only a certain line of McCormick's are made by Daedong (Kioti's parent company). Of course if you are interested in a white Kioti, don't forget Bobcat. They are really discounting the remaining stock.

James K0UA

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #18  
James, unfortunately the local Bobcat dealer dropped the tractors a good while before Bobcat announced they were dropping tractors. So there are no local Bobcat dealers in Northern Alabama for the OP to go to, or even close. I ran into that when I was looking last year. Last year as well, there were no local McCormick dealers either. Now this year the local Massey dealer is handling both McCormick and LS, I assume because they weren't able to cmopete pricewise with Kioti and Mahindra. I know I was quoted far more for Massey and Kubota than I was for Kioti.

JMER, I'm not sure where you live in Northern Alabama, but I highly recommend TAC Enterprises in Moulton, the local Kioti dealer. It's not too far from Huntsville, Athens, and Decatur, and has a good selection of tractors on the lot. I have no interest in them other than that's where I bought my tractor and I like their straight-forward approach and support. Good luck in your shopping.

Fred

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #19  
Jmer, I purchased these to raise my backblade higher off the ground(makes hookup a lot easier also). It will raise the front of the implement by 1 1/2 inches, and should raise the back of the implement by 3 inches or so( I haven't put mine on yet). And they can be used on any Cat. 1 hitch, if you decided to get a larger tractor.

Tractor Quick Hitch Implement Ford Deere Kubota MF | eBay

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #20  
Jmer, I purchased these to raise my backblade higher off the ground(makes hookup a lot easier also). It will raise the front of the implement by 1 1/2 inches, and should raise the back of the implement by 3 inches or so( I haven't put mine on yet). And they can be used on any Cat. 1 hitch, if you decided to get a larger tractor.

Tractor Quick Hitch Implement Ford Deere Kubota MF | eBay

If you are interested in those, I have a set of the original Carter brand ones I would let go cheaper than that. I don't need them any more when I went to the Kioti. Those on E-Bay are a knock off of the Carter quick hitch. Except on the Carters the top pin go thru both ears. PM me if you are interested

Welcome to CARTER AND SON'S TOOL AND DIE

James K0UA