Bought a SCUT but need more power

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #31  
I am not sure where the size tractors (all brands) start putting on the telescopic lower links but they are certainly worth the money along with the telescopic sway stabilizers the make hook ups a breeze. I think about every brand offers them at some point in HP. I would check out the LS G 3033 or better still is the G 3039 series which I believe has the draft and position control and telescoping lower links. Both of these will give more size, weight, capacity etc. Also worth looking at is the R40xx or XR40xx with cab for the task that you describe. I don't think the J series is big enough to make much difference in what you have now.

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #32  
I chose a Woods Quick Hitch to go on my DK45SE. The dealer liked it so well that he started using the second one he ordered on his own tractors around the lot. Being old and of unsound back, I'm sure it will save me a lot of pain as well as a lot of effort, that plus the top 'n tilt cylinders I'm going to put on the hitch.

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #33  
sound guy... you got me thinking... I could get rid of GC, get an older high HP like you suggested and then get my lawn tractor. I have no idea on the older tractors... do you have any suggestions? would prefer 4wd since it'll be for ground engaging.. leveling, clearing, etc. Since the older tractors are heavier, would I still need 4wd?

lawn tractors are for mowing law.. and small lawns. you mow 3ac with them and they will expire prematurely.

harder to find larg tractors with 4wd that are older. that said.. tillage doesn't require 4wd. 4wd just adds traction.. ballast and things like duals on a 2wd add traction as well.

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #34  
how big a machine do you need. what tasks do you have in mind.. so I can give you a guess as to what I might buy in that size / hp range ..

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power
I have a few smaller but pretty rough areas to clear (totaling about 1 acre). I have another 1 acre I need to work on leveling. I have a 300' ditch to maintain and clean out after all this erosion. I have a 1/4acre garden to start and maintain. I have large trees down that I want to move. I have trees still standing that I want to knock down (6"-1' diameter).

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #36  
landclearing?

hire it out.. you don't want to buy a super large tractor to do land clearing.

if there aren't many trees.. you can drop them yourself.

so far.. everything you mentioned could be handled with a ford 861, ford 3000 etc.. something in the 35-50hp range...

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #37  
I bought 3 machines in 3 years, so I know what it's like. If you don't want to join me in the 3pete club, I'd figure out exactly what you want to do now and in the future. That will tell you what size tractor you need. Take that and buy two model sizes up from that and you'll be good to go.

LS and Kioti would be top of my list. If I was willing to spend some $$, a Grand L of at least a 4240 would be really nice.

Well, looks like decision day is here. I'm looking at:

Max 28 (new) - HST w/loader $15,400
JD 3032e (used w/3 hrs) - HST w/loader $13,500
Waiting on quote for McCormick 10.25 (same as ck20) and 10.30 (ck30)

I think I'm going to go with the JD unless the McCormick quotes are great. Only thing holding me back is the engine seems to be a lot louder than comparable machines. Louder and more vibration. I think the McCormick 10.25 may not be quite enough tractor but I'm worried the 10.30 will weigh too much for moving around in the yard.

What are y'alls opinion on the JD deal? Still has 1 year of warranty left. Guy bought it and realized he needed a skid steer after about 2 hrs of use. Purchased from my local JD dealer, same dealer that has it for sale now.

/ Bought a SCUT but need more power #39  
I think it's a great price on the 3032e. Won't get close to that in the 10.30, I don't think. My uncle has the 3032e. He complained about it being unstable. But, he's used to operating 70 HP New Hollands. So he may have too high of expectatioins. Seems like an OK tractor, but I don't think the loader can be removed.

yeah, they make some stand for quick removal of the FEL now but I don't anticipate needing to remove it if at all. I agree, 10.30 will probably be more but they may give me more on trade-in, we'll see. Definitely will get them to loaded rear tires though they've said they can't do that anymore (Tri-green John Deere Dealership). Seems odd they don't do that but hopefully they can point me to someone that can load them for me.