Bought Green Today

/ Bought Green Today #1  

Anonymous Poster

Well I am awaiting delivery of my new <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> tractor. Yup I will soon be a member of the elite! Now when I go into a cafe in a small town and overhear a couple of dusty looking fellows talking about some piece of JD equipment I can give my 2cents worth because I'll be A JD tractor owner too! OK, it only weighs 1/9 of what the L35 weighs, and only 1/2 of the what the BX weighs but the brochure has the word TRACTOR on it.

A garage containing <font color=orange>ORANGE</font color=orange> <font color=blue>BLUE</font color=blue> and <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> is much more pleasant...

/ Bought Green Today #2  
del.
With all three different company tractors now which one is your favorite? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Have fun and be good to yourself

Thomas..NH

/ Bought Green Today
Thomas.

Well the L35's stronger than the Ford NH, the BX is more manueverable (until the squirt gets here).

But the Ford is. Why, I could find all of the drain plugs in the dark. Know exactly what to do to get backhoe off, know EXACTLY how it's going respond in a given crisis, and the memories...I've been scared to death a number of times and have so many memories of jobs completed, friends helped with it, I know every bruise it's got, and it knows mine, well why shouldn't it, it gave me half of them!

Wife keeps asking when we are going to sell it, I keep mumbling...

Now I know why tractor owners always seem to have the old stuff sitting around. I know damned well that the DAY I sell the Ford the L35 with it's marvelous R4's is going to end up wallowing in some mud hole and the wife's not going to let me take "her" BX or the Jeep near it to get it out.

/ Bought Green Today #4  
del,

Can you see my smile from there? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Nicely told! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimBinMI

P.S. - next time the FNH pulls the Orange out of the mud...could you maybe post a picture of it! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

We boys and our toys!

/ Bought Green Today
JimBin, sad news to report, the Ford NH is out of service. I was backing up the BX in the garage and accidentally backed into the Ford, the loader broke off. But fortunately the taillights on the BX didn't crack!/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Bought Green Today #6  
del,

Sounds like you've had the FNH awhile. Can you tell us the model, year and hours on it?

Thanks, JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Bought Green Today #7  
Yikes! Missed the RE:

I saw the JimBinMI sender and the subject header. 'JimBinMI bought green today.' Thought the earth must have stopped spinning or something.

/ Bought Green Today #8  
TomG,

Are you sitting down? About two weeks ago, I helped my mother-in-law in shopping for a new lawn tractor and she ended up buying GREEN with my support. Of course, my New Holland dealer is 35 miles away or I would have taken her there first!

In addition, my dad and an older brother own JD lawn tractors and I did look several times at the 4100 but got a way better deal on my TC18. And while I'm on the subject, how come NH doesn't call it the TC19, after all it is 18.5 hp...guess that's just the down to earth honesty of the World's number one manufacturer of agricultural equipment! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Bought Green Today #9  
Yep, there all good tractors and I would be happy to have any colour. I may seem to have loyalty to my old blue sometimes. I do, but mostly it was the right tractor, the right dealer, location and time. Another time and it could have been any other colour.

I still did a good double take on your post though.

/ Bought Green Today
Jim,

Ford 1710 bought new 1983. "Ford" (ARPS) Backhoe, Brantley Loader, plus a brace or two here and there!