Bought Green Today

/ Bought Green Today #11  
Del, I use the 2120 Ford/New Holland vintage 1996, it just turned 400 hrs. When I see people with smaller versions of this tractor that are overwhemingly pleased with them I have to wonder if it was just the 2120 model that is underwhelming. Its not that I don't appreciate the tractor, as I do, but the engine is not nearly "torquey" enough for its size. The Kubota L4850 I also use is so much nicer, there is no comparsion. (and its even been flipped and rolled) I realize the L4850 is bigger both physically, HP and in loader capability, but the engine is has torque that must be double that of the Ford/NH. The transmission on the Kubota shifts smoother and seems more adequate even though it is an 8X8 vs 12X12 for the Ford. One nice feature on the 4850 is the "wet clutch", smoothest clutch/shuttle shift I have used. On the Ford/NH, high range is not needed for almost anything since there is not enough power to run it. One nice feature on the Ford is the very low first gear which really lets you get the loader into some tough ground without bone shattering hop. I would not even consider a New Holland product except that they came out with the Boomers which seem to be a improvement over the old series. Keep in mind that I am also comparing units that are more or less in the same price ball park too. Thanks, Rat