Bound to Happen...

/ Bound to Happen...
jinman said:
Bob, I said earlier in this thread that the hood might cost $600. Well, I must have had that confused with just the headlight and grill assembly. Your costs for complete replacement could go as high as $2000 it seems. That's pretty shocking to me and I think the repair is a far better option. It just seems strange to me that the entire hood, grill, lights and all should add up to 10% of the complete tractor's cost. Something seems skewed it that pricing, but of course, that's always the way it is for repair parts.:(

I was hoping $600 would cover, but you are right...$1600 x-screens. I'm going to become skilled in fiberglass repair...

It is interesting how NH determines values for parts, but I'm sure there are >50% margins too. It can't cost more than $100 to make.

/ Bound to Happen...
Kubotasrking said:
I found them on the web today @ Farm Tractor Parts Division @ Wenger's of Myerstown, and have a message into them asking if they have either in inventory. I checked w/ a number of other sources too...we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

No luck w/ any used parts suppliers. I guess repairs are the only route.

/ Bound to Happen...
horse7 said:
A few years ago when I read ASV's annual report, they stated that their profits were up substantially mainly because they had enough machines in the field and those machines had gotten old enough that the spare parts business was ramping up.

The mfg profit margins on spare parts are much better than on the base machine. The base machine will make you money, but the parts will make you rich:D .

Amen.