Box Scraper Box Blade prices / opinions..

/ Box Blade prices / opinions.. #11  
ChuckinNH said:
Thanks for all the input! It doesn't look like many are disappointed in the BB that they have. Time to go shopping!

Not so fast... check out my post on page 23 of this thread:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/59301-box-blade-photo-comparision-brands-23.html

and specifically this picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/supercobra/NH/IMGP4594.jpg

Mine finally broke in half. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow. It broke in a place I didn't think it would and all of the cheap box blades look to me that they are built the same way. The teeth pulled right through the sidewall of the tube that they are mounted in. I don't think I abused it. Definately less than 50 hours on it. I only have 300 on the tractor. I've been looking for a new one the last couple of days and even though the better built ones are at least a couple of hundred dollars more, that would've been much cheaper than buying a cheap one, throwing it away and buying a better one.

It is hard to get a look with the teeth in and the BB laying on the ground but try to see if you can look beside the teeth and see how thick that metal is. Mine - a Land Master Box Blade - is a little less than 3/16". Most of the other cheap ones I've seen in the same price range at places like TSC (Farm Force, Dark Horse, the light duty version of the Land Pride, etc) look to be the same thickness. On some models it looks to me like the edges around the hole are even flared so that the metal looks thicker when you are looking at the edge. Maybe this isn't intentional deception but rather a result of punching the hole for the tooth?

Most of the more expensive heavy duty blades I've looked at have the same design in this area but the tube looks around 1/4" minimum.

Bottom line is I learned my lesson the hard way - cheaper to spend more on the heavier one now.

/ Box Blade prices / opinions..
Point well made SuperCobra! Thanks for the link to the other thread, and the heads up.

/ Box Blade prices / opinions.. #13  
I have a 5' Woods and love it. Also remember with a box blade the more weight the better it will work and the Bush Hog brand and Woods are certainly heavy. So not only is my Woods tough it works well because of the weight. I have never been disappointed in KK, Woods, or Bush Hog.

/ Box Blade prices / opinions.. #14  
I got a 5ft box blade from my Kioti dealer for just under $500. Works well with my CK30HST. I have used it for leveling out my rock drive and used the ripppers to break up about 1/2 acre of rough pasture. Others may need (want) a heavier unit, but this seems to do the trick for me. Time will tell how well it holds up.

/ Box Blade prices / opinions.. #15  
My boxblade (KingKutterXB 4') is a nice little implement.:)I have done some heavy duty work like tilling an arena as hard as concrete or when I dug out a footing for a concrete pad. Very nice little implement and it only cost $425.oo. This was my first implement and has always lived under cover. when I boutht my imatch system, it was to wide to attach to the boxblade so I had a new hitch welded on and it works great.:D sadly it only works on a tractor equipped with an imatch system.:(

Attachments

• my i-match and boxblade.JPG
    my i-match and boxblade.JPG
    490.7 KB · Views: 212
  • i-match.JPG
    i-match.JPG
    511.7 KB · Views: 138
   / Box Blade prices / opinions.. #16  
kodiak bb here no complaints i even bought the light duty one. i'll post some pics if interested. it's definetly not the heaviest one out there but it will do some work.

/ Box Blade prices / opinions.. #17  
I bought the 5' King Kutter from TSC for just over $400 two years ago. I have been very happy with it.:)

Attachments

• DSCN1639 (816 x 612).jpg
    DSCN1639 (816 x 612).jpg
    160 KB · Views: 140