Box Scraper box blaxe digging too deep in sand

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #12  
Is the "cutting blade" original or has it possibly been replaced ?...does the BB have both a forward and backward cutting blade?

is your adjustable top link original? it's possible that the top link is not adjusting long enough to mellow the aggressiveness of the cut?

on level ground you should be able to lengthen the top link so the rear facing cutting edge (if it has one) touches the ground first when lowered...

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #13  
If your strictly using the just the blade and not the teeth then you need to shorten the top link and raise the back of the bladeit seem counter intuitive but trust me this is correct. Just imagine if this is the blade --/ at that angle its gonna cut in if you shorten the top link it would then look like this -\ . Then it would glide across the surface rather than dig in.

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand
Everything is stock. Nothing replaced of changed. Even with top link all the way out so it is tilted back slightly, when the front blade edge catches it buries it. It doesnt seem to make sense that it would pull easier with the top link short but like one of you said. It actually does. But i cant get it quite short enough to not dig in but it is much better than when the top link is longer. So will gauge wheels helps out with this or not?

I am trying to move dirt to establish a grade around a house. A lot of dirt.

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #15  
If the position control won't allow you to control the depth and top link adjustments won't work. Do you have a front end loader? I think you might need a different machine if it is a lot of soil. Skid steer with a loader or other tractor with better controls. Is renting something out of the question?

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #16  
On mine with the top link shortened it digs less. The sides set the cut depth and tilting the back up ( short top link) raises the blade out of the ground.
Not sure why you're using scarifiers in sand, esp if it's being too aggressive.
Is your 3- pt able to hold a height setting? If not, gauge wheels might be the solution.
Jim

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #17  
Like others have said, lengthen your top link so the back cutting edge touches the ground well before the front cutting edge.

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #18  
My comment applies to a box like my Gannon, with a fixed blade at the rear facing front. Also has a normal-hinged blade facing rear.
With a front blade as well, how does material get into the box?
Jim

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #19  
Honestly, without some pictures, I don't know if we are going to be able to help. :confused2: :(

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #20  
the tractor model would be helpful too to better understand how the 3 point works.