Box Scraper box blaxe digging too deep in sand

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #21  
You may need to lengthen your top link. Like others have already said a picture would be helpful.

the tractor model would be helpful too to better understand how the 3 point works.

Yes it would.

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #22  
I feel your pain man. Unless you have big equipment sand is the pits. With our small tractors it takes some finesse to move it where you want it to go. Like others have suggested lengthen your top link so your sides are raised up some in the front. That way the box blade is dragging more on the rear blade than cutting with the front. Second thing is BE MOVING when you lower the box blade down into to the sand. It is so much easier to judge how deep your cutting in sand when you lower the box while moving. Take a small cut as it does not take long to fill the box with sand. Front weight will help. Damp sand is best but wet sand is too heavy and makes it worse. In the pics You will see I added weight to my box, but in the sand cutting is not the problem it is with hard dirt and I think it is more of a hindrance. One more thing, don't go too slow as you will drag to a stop.

Last edited:
   / box blaxe digging too deep in sand #23  
I have to agree with the poster who said to shorten the top link. That causes the front of the box to hit the ground first, raising the blade and not allowing it to dig in so deeply. Lengthening the top link will definitely make it dig deeper.

Your top link may be too long if you have it as short as it will adjust and it is still digging in too far.

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #24  
i'd agree with shortening the top link as well to decrease agressiveness.

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #25  
I did not see where the OP described exactly what was trying to be accomplished

In most instances you shorten the top link to increase aggressiveness of the cutting edge...IMO if you have to shorten the link beyond the typical range to make the bb ride up on the box ends (for the conditions/soil type) there are two options...

modify the BB with skids like on a tiller etc... or use a different implement (harrow, rake, land plane etc...etc...but without knowing exactly what the OP's goal is it is hard to offer other suggestions...

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #26  
pics of his setup would help

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #27  
Lengthen the top link to make the box sit on it's 'heel', bag the rear tires as much as possible and put as much weight as you can on the front. Is your tires filled? They pull better filled with some type of liquid ballast and low air pressure, maybe 5-7 lbs, just enough to make tire stand up. Low air pressure in front also maybe 15-20 lbs.
John

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #28  
I'm with /pine. Get yourself some adjustable skids. I have a grading scraper and when the gravel is soft the skids just sink into the gravel. At times I have to have the blades as much as a 1/2" above the skids or they will just collect too much gravel. I would guess sand must be even worse. No amount of top link adjustment is going to counter the BB sinking into the sand.

/ box blaxe digging too deep in sand #29  
A landscape works good in sand.