Box Scraper

/ Box Scraper #21  
A couple of things here.

First, all these pictures in this thread show roll over box blades.(ROBB) I have to assume that you have NEVER used a ROBB. I hydraulic top link does NOTHING to facilitate the use of a ROBB.

Second, the blue and red tractors have complete top & tilt sets on them, so not sure where you get all these loaded box blades with no hydraulic top links? :confused3:

I understand all of that.....seams the two replies before you understood that. The OP sounded like he was on the fence with hydraulic TnT. I was simply giving my opinion or a gentle nudge in that direction.

I realize you make and sell TnT kits. In fact we have spoken and exchanged emails.

I understand you are confused- your post makes that clear.

/ Box Scraper #22  
I just bought a Box Blade and have no experiance using it yet, and when I was at a rental yard I noticed how warn down this one was. So when does a box blade become unusable, and if they get ground down this much why don't they have replaceable edges or hard facing on the bottoms.

View attachment 494890

If the front is doing more than just touching the ground the top link is too short. By pressing down on front you are lifting the cutting blade.

You will need to verify the forward cutting edge length before you attempt to extend the side back to factory length. From the picture it looks like that cutting edges are about an inch or so below the side. That is about right. Raising the sides could pull the front cutting edge off the ground and it would ride on the back blade- not good for cutting.

/ Box Scraper
The OP sounded like he was on the fence with hydraulic TnT. I was simply giving my opinion or a gentle nudge in that direction.

I'm not on the fence as far as the need for one. Just how to implement it. And how to pay for it, as it will end up costing more than the scraper.

/ Box Scraper #24  
I just bought a Box Blade and have no experiance using it yet, and when I was at a rental yard I noticed how warn down this one was. So when does a box blade become unusable, and if they get ground down this much why don't they have replaceable edges or hard facing on the bottoms.

555.png

It might not have much wear. Look at some new ones, most side plate top and bottoms are not parallel.

GBS.jpg

Mine has some wear, but still works well. :thumbsup:

P6020020.JPG

P7020029.JPG

/ Box Scraper #26  
I understand all of that.....seams the two replies before you understood that. The OP sounded like he was on the fence with hydraulic TnT. I was simply giving my opinion or a gentle nudge in that direction.

I realize you make and sell TnT kits. In fact we have spoken and exchanged emails.

I understand you are confused- your post makes that clear.

You're the one that mentioned pictures and no top & tilt units.

As far as confused, yes confused as to your post in the 13th post. When you said all these pictures and no hydraulic top links when 2 of the 3 different tractors shown have hydraulic top links.

Makes no difference, hopefully everyone has the idea by now. :thumbsup:

/ Box Scraper #27  
You're the one that mentioned pictures and no top & tilt units.

As far as confused, yes confused as to your post in the 13th post. When you said all these pictures and no hydraulic top links when 2 of the 3 different tractors shown have hydraulic top links.

Makes no difference, hopefully everyone has the idea by now. :thumbsup:

Probably should slow down enough to reread my post. I made no mention of the pictures not having top and tilt.

/ Box Scraper #28  
Probably should slow down enough to reread my post. I made no mention of the pictures not having top and tilt.

You're right, you only inferred it with what you said.

"I'm seeing all these pics of loaded box scrapers and it has me again wondering how anyone gets anything done without a hydraulic top link!"

I apologize for my misunderstanding. ;)

/ Box Scraper #29  
400# seems light for a 6 ft box blade. I've always heard to figure on 100# per foot of width for a good medium duty box blade. I've got the Woods HB72 that weighs in at around 600# and I've been happy with it. It has held up well. Not sure if they still make this model

/ Box Scraper #30  
When you install a hydraulic top or side link dont you have to be careful that you don't do something like this. This was a photo I found on google images from another forum and if I remember correctly he said he was backing up and caught his blade on the ground and this was the result to his HF quick hitch.

IMG_1154.JPG IMG_1206.PNG