Boy Killed by Dad Driving Snow Plow

/ Boy Killed by Dad Driving Snow Plow #21  
too many prayers and sympathy for the family here. Sounds like a default saying on this site when something goes wrong that could have easily been avoided. So heres my expression "dumb *** parents". Hey johnny go play out in the snow with no supervision". Dad runs over kid. Idiots. spade and neuter those 2 dumb dogs. I don't even let my dogs outside in my fenced in pasture (10 acres) without me watching over them because I actually care about their well being too much. I guess idiots don't care too have a watchful eye over a human being.

With a comment like that i highly doubt you have enough compassion to even care about your dogs. Heartless comment. Careful of throwing stones when you live in a glass house.

/ Boy Killed by Dad Driving Snow Plow #22  
I will admit one thing, stories like this have ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS make me look behind my vehicle when backing. When I see kids in the area I ask the wife to guide me back till I move forward. I have asked a parent to pull their kids off the street as I'm about to back up. I never back up unless I see my child and tell then STAND HERE and do not move till I'm gone or I tell her to go in the house and close the garage door till I'm gone. Yes I have worked very, very hard to not kill a kid all because of stories like this. Sad for this Dad as his life will never ever be the same, but it's because of people like this that have kept me from doing the same.

/ Boy Killed by Dad Driving Snow Plow #23  
The boy was not killed by the plow, the truck backed over the kid. Lets keep the facts straight.
Yes it's critical that we are sure EXACTLY how the child was killed. It really makes a HUGE difference that he was killed BACKING up and not by the ACTUAL PLOW. Shhhhesh are you serious, the kid was killed by the DAD, does it really, really matter how it happened? Kid is still dead, Dad will never be the same.

/ Boy Killed by Dad Driving Snow Plow #24  
Accident or not ... the family will live with this everyday for the rest of their lifes ... we are not to judge. Our judgement day will come. I feel for them as I would for any of us who would be so unfortunate to experience the loss of a child.

/ Boy Killed by Dad Driving Snow Plow #25  
/pine said:
"PRECAUTIONS" hamper accidents...
This one could have been prevented IMO...

Those who disregard or ignore precautions will continue to suffer the consequences

I agree with your precaution statement, and practice it.
I also practice compassion.
I recommend both.

/ Boy Killed by Dad Driving Snow Plow #26  
CanuckPT said:
Very well said MadMax.

Thank-you. Like all subjects today, this is quite a divisive one.

/ Boy Killed by Dad Driving Snow Plow #27  
I agree with your precaution statement, and practice it.
I also practice compassion.
I recommend both.

You insinuate I do not have compassion...It's hard for me to think of anything worse than losing a child regardless of the circumstances...

I recommend not making assumptions...

/ Boy Killed by Dad Driving Snow Plow #28  
Not an accident...

This could have been prevented!

Well I doubt seriously that it was INTENTIONAL! (That makes it an accident.)

So very sad. My heart goes out to the family.

/ Boy Killed by Dad Driving Snow Plow #29  
Wow good job on the google definition! Medal for you!!!

In the emergency world there is a few terms that may not show up in dictionaries or google but do in these professional texts.

MVC: Motor Vehicle Collision

Was MVA in the past but it is accepted practice now that ALL collisions can be prevented!

Did you even read your own def or just cut and past??

1a : an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance

Can you honestly tell me that your own definition fits this tragedy??

Disagree if you like but that's the way it is. Harsh but true. My heart does go out to those affected as I hope to NEVER lose a child for any reason.

"Accident" or not

The only true accident is an act of God, anything else is either a man made or caused incident. Now the sixty four million dollar question? Where was the mother at when the child started dressing himself and retrieving the tricycle to go play in the driveway while the husband was scraping?

/ Boy Killed by Dad Driving Snow Plow #30  
Well I doubt seriously that it was INTENTIONAL! (That makes it an accident.)

So very sad. My heart goes out to the family.

Here's a different scenario.

Monday a.m leaving for work you see that an object (cinder block) is in the middle of your drive.

You carefully back around it instead of picking it up.

As you arrive at work it starts to snow.

By the end of your 12 hr shift 12-15" of snow have fallen.

You arrive home excited for some seat time on the tractor with blower .

As you start the snow is blowing great as your new 6' blower works its magic...

Yup all is good until you hit that cinder block that you could have, should have picked up 13 hrs ago!

Suddenly a loud bang is heard, a few large chunks fly out of the chute as the tractor stalls.

The chunks of cinder block are propelled through the air into your house and kill somebody.

Accident??? Intentional???

Nope could have been foreseen/mitigated or all together avoided with a little foresight/common sense and a little less laziness.

ALL actions or inactions sometimes have serious consequences.

I am not perfect and have made and will make bad decisions hopefully they will never hurt anyone.