Branson 2810/3510

/ Branson 2810/3510 #11  
You're right Jonathan! I think the reason is that implements are not thought of as a long term investment in the way a tractor is. If you buy a KK and don't like it or it doesn't stand up to your expectations, sell it and you're out a few hundred bucks. Buy a tractor that doesn't do the job for you and you're out a lot more.
From my personal experience, I know the implements I want, but can't afford right now. It's not going to bother me to go through a few used or cheapo ones until I do get what I do want.
Pacesetter

/ Branson 2810/3510 #12  
I have had my Branson 3510 w/loader and oversized industrial tires. for 2 weeks. I couldn't be happier. It is a awesome machine.( Tires are loaded) I also got the Branson 64 inch tiller and a 6 ft bush mower. I think the Century/Branson line of tractors will continue to grow and become a real player in the future of compact tractors.

/ Branson 2810/3510 #13  
Congrats, Khawk! Keep those posts coming and will give those Mahindra and Kioti boys a run for their money. H*** (self censored), we'll even give the big three a run for their money in a decade or so!

/ Branson 2810/3510
Ok, I understand better now about the quality of the Box Blade and I will be sure to check it's plate thickness because if I don't it sounds like I will be buying another soon there after.

Now, who makes a good finishing mower? I hear Woods® makes a good one but, are there any others that will do just as good a job or maybe better?

After looking on the Branson site, the BL10 loader fits the 10 series and the BL20 fits the 20 series. Now for quality's sake, is the BL20 so much better and heavier duty loader than the BL10 that I should consider getting a 3520 or just stick with a 3510 and get another brand of FEL?

Sorry for all the questions but you guys seem to know your stuff and it's helping me understand so much better!

Thanks again! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Branson 2810/3510 #15  
Dave,

Look at Midwest for your finish mower. They make great products and are a great value, compared to woods or brush hog brand, though if you can afford it you won't go wrong with these. I'm sure others have their favorites too. As for the 3510 vs. 3520, I went through the same debate and went with the 3520--primarily because of its wider stance and longer wheelbase. I have very hilly ground--13 acres of it! With your size lot, it seems like sticking with the smaller tractor (it's actually the identical tractor, save for a few spacers and bigger tires). The bl20 loader seems to have a bit better specs but there has been some debate as to whether there is even a significant difference--other than one goes on the 10 series and the other goes on the 20 series? I would not get another brand of fel, given the potential problems fitting them on. The 3510, in my opinion is the best value Branson offers, and the next best is the 4020. By the way, Midwest makes real nice box blades too.

/ Branson 2810/3510 #16  
Dave
I think if you take a BL20 and BL10 (same as C-30 and C-40), removed them from the tractor and placed them next to each other they are the same loader. The difference being in the subframes that stay on the tractor. Any difference in the specs may be they were rated with diferrent size buckets (the large one for the larger tractor etc.) or because of different geometry in the way they mount. Or maybe a missprint.
Chipperman

/ Branson 2810/3510
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( After looking on the Branson site, the BL10 loader fits the 10 series and the BL20 fits the 20 series. Now for quality's sake, is the BL20 so much better and heavier duty loader than the BL10 that I should consider getting a 3520 or just stick with a 3510 and get another brand of FEL? )</font>

Dave, the Branson loader is the way to go. It sounds like you already have the URL to the Branson loaders:

http://www.bransontractor.com/loader/loader.html

The BL20 is more powerful than the BL10, but they are of the same quality. The specs can be found at this link, which is at the bottom of the Branson loader page:

http://www.bransontractor.com/loader/specs.html

Note the differences, especially in breakout force. But unless you need that and the extra cubic foot of bucket capacity, the slightly higher lift, etc., there is no reason to go beyond the BL10 if the 10 series tractor will otherwise do want you want.

In most cases, it is not really a good idea to buy a loader that is not of the same brand as your tractor, unless you have no choice. Having the same brand loader eliminates the finger pointing that can happen with mixed brands if the combination just doesn't work well. If you search TBN, you will find a thread or two describing painful experiences and unmet expectations due to mixing tractor and loader brands.

BTW, some dealers simply will not sell a new tractor and aftermarket loader combination.

For finishing mowers, you might want to consider Caroni. Agri-Supply handles them, and they have some locations in NC. The mowers are made in Italy. I looked at some at a Georgia Agri-Supply a few days ago. They appeared to be very well made. Every one they had in stock had a buyers name on it. It looks like they are pretty popular--at least down there--and they seem reasonably priced. Plus they are <font color="red"> RED </font>.

Agri-Supply has a web site:

http://www.agri-supply.com/

That's a Caroni shown on the cover of their 2003 catalog. I don't think they have any other pictures on the web site, but they will send you a catalog on request. Mine came in about two days.

Good luck deciding. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SnowRidge

/ Branson 2810/3510 #18  
Midwest will powder paint in <font color="red"> red </font>, <font color="green">green </font>, <font color="orange"> orange</font> or <font color="blue"> blue </font>. Don't know too much about their finish mowers (they are brand new) but the rest of their stuff is first class, and very reasonably priced (o.k., o.k., I admit it--I'm cheap.) But not at the expense of quality!

/ Branson 2810/3510
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="purple">Midwest will powder paint in </font><font color="orange">blue</font>, <font color="red"> green</font>, <font color="green"> orange</font> <font color="black"> or </font><font color="blue">red </font>. )</font>

Dunno, Jonathan, something seems to be wrong with the quoting software.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nothing wrong with Midwest, I guess. Just trying to present the man with another option.

SnowRidge

/ Branson 2810/3510
Well, it turns out that a distributor of turf, and light industrial equipment is just right down the street from where I work so, I called them and it turns out our company has helped them in the past with certain things so he has offered to sale items to me for just over cost (I know the guy too) which is nice!

One question I have is, they have a 3-point hitch backhoe they sale. It supposably works on all 3-point tractors. I have did a little research on this and found that the 3-point hitch backhoes are very hard on the tractors mid-section (right between the engine and transmission) and he was telling me some tractors actually break in half while using these things if special care isn't taken. I see the Branson backhoes are sub-frame mounted so I am pressuming this aliviates pressure from the tractors mid-section. However, I can get this backhoe for about $3000 but it can only dig 6' deep to where the branson BH is about $4500 but can dig 7' deep (on the 3510). Now, I will not save $1500 if it destroys my tractor a couple of uses down the road.

Any comments on weather I should even consider the 3-point hitch vs. the sub-frame mount?

And what is meant by the bucket sizes?

As in:

9" Bucket to 25" bucket, does this indicate the width of the bucket or length? I can't seem to find any pictures of buckets so thats why i'm asking.

Thanks SnowRidge for the link, it looks like my kinda place. I have requested a catalog and will be looking for it soon.

The place where I can these goodies is called "Tri-State Distributors" but they only sell wholesale, not to the public. So i consider myself lucky to be able to buy from them. Thier web site is: www.tristatedistributors.net.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

PS. I found the site that carries the backhoe I was referring to: www.attachment.com/. It's the 3265 Backhoe under the 3-point hitch category.