Branson 4220 rings PN

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #1  

Lhhippie

Tractor
Branson 4220
Does anyone have a cheaper source for Branson 4220 piston rings other than the 土ourequipmentparts people?
Don稚 get me wrong they have everything but the pricing is crazy high!!!!!
1 set of rings is like 80 bucks

According to everything I have read I have a Cummins A2000 motor

Any info would be helpful!!

Thanks in advance

/ Branson 4220 rings PN
Thank you for the out pouring of support from the group it has been extremely helpful.
Maybe I am in the wrong thread or possibly just asked a non-logical question.

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #3  
Probably just no one knows how to help you.

Send a PM to "Mr. Bitz" here on the forums.

He's my dealer up here, and is usually very responsive to me anytime I call, but he doesn't get on the TBN forums much.

Wish I could help you, but I've never had to order any parts for mine, so I can't contribute more.

Good luck.

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #4  
   / Branson 4220 rings PN

I wish I knew?
I have read that a Cummins A2000 parts are interchangeable with the Kukje motor, but the aftermarket
Parts never have any specs associated with them. I have found a couple after markets sets but some say A2000 and they are for the 88mm bore
Mine is a 84mm (3.307)
First and second rings are .078” thick
Second ring is closer to .072” thick
Oiler ring is .118” thick

So I’m a little confused as to what I should actually purchase

Thanks for the lead I will reach out and see if they can provide any additional info??

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #8  
Is your engine already apart? If you're not going to bore/hone your block, can't you just measure your bore (check for max taper), take a couple of your rings with you and just go into a Cummins diesel shop and order some rings?

I've never built a diesel engine, but I've done a bunch of gas engines. I've never just "ordered" rings. I've always measured my bore first, then ordered pistons and rings based on those measurements.

/ Branson 4220 rings PN
Is your engine already apart? If you're not going to bore/hone your block, can't you just measure your bore (check for max taper), take a couple of your rings with you and just go into a Cummins diesel shop and order some rings?

I've never built a diesel engine, but I've done a bunch of gas engines. I've never just "ordered" rings. I've always measured my bore first, then ordered pistons and rings based on those measurements.

In a perfect world that would great but I’m working with limited budget in this one.
Quick story .......
Bought it for 2500 with cracked head
New new 2000
New head gasket 80
New GP 110
New starter 150
All new fluids and filters 300’ish
New battery 200
Did I mention I’m broke????? I was told “new head and fire it up”!!! Not the case ugh

The bores look real good and they measure right around 3.309 so well with in spec for wear.
I plan on using the beaded hone tool too just break the glaze and a HF hone tool for the top ridges.
So my plan was to just replace with standard rings. That is why I would love to have specs for the original ring so I could see how much wear they have.
They are measuring.110” wide for top and second ring and Oiler is around .065”

I do appreciate all the comments

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #10  
You can measure the ring wear by measuring the ring end gap. My Branson 20/25 series manual from a couple years ago says:
top ring end gap .25-.40m
second ring .50-.70
oil ring .20-.40

all have limit of 1.5mm, which sounds like quite a lot.

For the 88mm bore they spec 88.005-88.025 limit 88.20. If your 84mm bore is supposed to spec between 84.005 and 84.024 and the limit is 84.2 then your 88.04 is a little beyond spec though well below the limit. A slightly large bore would make the ring gap larger. Given those assumptions above your gaps would be .05mm larger than the spec