Branson 4220 rings PN

/ Branson 4220 rings PN
Wow that place has some ç*¥nbelievable prices
I can get a overhaul kit for less than a set of EOM rings!!!

https://partswecan.com/product/engi...a2000-engine-aftermarket-diesel-engine-parts/

Does anyone have any idea if this kit would fit the Branson (Kukje) block??
I did get a reply from Daveç—´ Tractors (immediate reply)!!!
That the Cummins A2000 rings should work so I知 now wondering if this overhaul kit (more specifically the liners) would fit???
If the liners fit my block I would feel very confident the pistons and rings in the kit would all work together.

I know aftermarket parts are lower quality but right now my tractor is nothing more than lawn art
Sorry for all the questions but just looking to not throw good Monday after bad.

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #13  
Keep in mind that one of the changes that Kukje made when they started building engines under Cummins license, was to not using cylinder lines.

There was a PDF somewhere, that had this changes mentioned in there.

Regarding the Cummins parts on a Kukje engine, we never know till someone takes a step further actually try this and post the results. It's a financial risk that not everyone are willing to take.

EDIT: There might be other suppliers for Cummins parts. That was just the first website I went to when I was doing some research on parts to help you. I don't have any feedback of that supplier, or any American one. I just live on the other side of the pond. :)

/ Branson 4220 rings PN
Are the same ptsg that helped me on the other forum??

I have searched and searched and never came across that site you sent me. I’m wondering if you have different search results being across the pond?

I remember that pdf (I think you sent me that link as well) and also the manual I have been using.

Looking at my block it certainly looks like liners but I have never had an engine this far apart before
0E11ADE7-F13B-4D83-8038-7A78E62CC29D.jpegE12B33E4-794F-4E96-8479-38507E1E2A61.jpeg0E11ADE7-F13B-4D83-8038-7A78E62CC29D.jpegE12B33E4-794F-4E96-8479-38507E1E2A61.jpeg

What are your thoughts do those look like liners??

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #15  
Indeed I am.

I've never dug into an engine that deep either. Or that "newer" for that matter. Usually I mess with older stuff (60's).

It looks like liners though. Looks like there is a recess for the liners to go in.

Found the PDF for the engine changes: http://engineprofessional.com/TB/TB020118-2.pdf

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #16  
Looking at those pics above they could be liners but I would lean more to it being machined for the head gasket having "fire rings" steel inserts in the gasket to compress into those valleys.
If you mike your pistons and measure your rings many good engine catalogs will have the ring dimensions in them.
When installing the new rings after honing the piston bores inserting the rings into the bore and dressing the end gap will give the best results.
Also you will find that there are many styles of compression rings and sometimes the reasoning for the different styles most of which will fit and work with standard machines piston grooves.
Then you can get into the many kinds of oil rings and there virtues.
Nothing say that you have to use a specific manufactures rings on your pistons as long as the dimensions are correct many will work.

/ Branson 4220 rings PN
You are correct LouNY my gasket has the steel insert.
And thank you for the info, first time I have had a solid confirmation any ring that fits the dimensions will or should work.

Could I purchase rings for a say.... 3.310”
And adjust end gaps? Since it does appear my bore is close to upper end of the spec
I do still need to dress the bore and reconfirm bore.

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #18  
Are the same ptsg that helped me on the other forum??

I have searched and searched and never came across that site you sent me. I知 wondering if you have different search results being across the pond?

I remember that pdf (I think you sent me that link as well) and also the manual I have been using.

Looking at my block it certainly looks like liners but I have never had an engine this far apart before
View attachment 611664View attachment 611665View attachment 611664View attachment 611665

What are your thoughts do those look like liners??

If those are liners the edge of the bottom of the liner is machined and may make it more obvious

looks like liners to me.

It may help to shoot a couple pics facing UP from under the crankshaft

The liners are machined on the bottom edge to fit into the machined block landing.

a parent block will just end in the castings shape since it just has to be finish bored and then honed.

Hope that makes some sense

some liners are removed by a plate that engages the edge of the liner at the bottom so it can be pulled up and out

ps Wow those are some great prices on parts at that linked suppliers site- almost to Good

an older 4720 Branson has been sitting at a local different brand dealer, have heard they (may) be having trouble getting parts.
although zooming in on #1 and #4 bore things don't look right- hopefully that is just the old head gasket pulled up

Branson engine.jpg

Last edited:
   / Branson 4220 rings PN
I am almost certain they are sleeved.

3FA39836-2264-4AF3-BD47-8D0888BBE171.jpeg

Not only can I see the sleeve but there are also casting grooves around the diameter which I assume are there to help grab the sleeve and pull it up.

Question is what the heck goes back in.

Cummins made statement Kukje is going to manufacture and stopped using sleeves.
I have sleeves, ....... maybe I have a model before they stopped using sleeves??

My ESN is CM1L00247

Not something I have been able to cross reference yet

The pdf file ptsg supplied has a different numbering sequence, so again I am really confused as to what I actually have??

You guys are way smarter than I am maybe we can figure this out together.

The link ptsg supplied has a overhaul kit for Cummins A2000
Sleeves
Pistons
Rings
The works for 300 plus shipping

Did not think this was going to be such a mystery trying to find parts.

Regretting taking this project, Trina to save money ugh!!!!!

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #20  
The 4220 was produced between 2004 and 2005 according to Tractordata.

The liner info was for engines around those years also. I'm thinking that the tractors built between those years, might have been caught in the middle of something. So some may have liners and others don't. Hard to say.

It's very hard to find any solid info on older Bransons.