Branson 4220 rings PN

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #21  
OP,

From looking at your pictures of the top of your block, I'd say those are liners. At least they look like it to me. Only way to know for sure if the kit you're looking at online is going to work, is to go ahead and order it and get it there. Are you planning on doing all the work yourself? Or are you going to have a machine shop do the liners? I'm asking because the only time I've put liners in (gas engines), I've always had the machine shop put them in. They (usually) have to be pressed in, and if you don't do it exactly right, you can throw the block away (cracks in places you really don't want cracks in a block).

If the new liners in the kit end up working, I'd say you are home free. Then just have to worry about bearing kits. Do you already have your bearing sets? Gasket set?

/ Branson 4220 rings PN
Thanks slowpoke

I have reached out to Dave’s tractors to if what his thoughts are on the whole deal.
You know “sounds to good to be true dealio”

The liner kit comes with just about everything I would need.....
Liner, pistons, piston pins, rings and would also get a set of connecting rod bearing (the one at the crack shaft side)
I would still need to source a head gasket but pretty sure Dave could help with that part.

I would be doing the work, if the liners dimensions are the same as the old ones they should go in with a few taps of a mallet.
At least that is what I have seen on youtube:thumbsup:

/ Branson 4220 rings PN
Hello all
Finally got my rings installed (thanks Dave’s Tractor) very helpful.
Now I have a new issue��
Top end is all buttoned up and started cleaning oil pan and balancer for reinstall.
The balancer has a clear “A” stamped on it but I can not find anything on the crankshaft gear.
I laid under it for an hour slowly rotating looking for mark on the crankshaft I even used a mirror to see both side but still no luck.
The manual “ptsg” sent shows timing marks on both but no luck.
I have read (on other tractors) 1&4 TDC weights should be pointing down.
Does anyone have any experience with the Branson balancer install?

As always thanks in advance.

/ Branson 4220 rings PN
FYI I just wanted to follow up with group and let y’all know I finally got it back together and running.
After fixing my last issue of a stuck governor.....that was scary ����
Fires right up and purrs like a kitten!!!!!
Now on to my next issue of FEL not lifting....ugh
I think I need to prim the pump some how as it was sitting for a while with any fluid unit.
I have read about adding air to the top with a bottom plug out????
Does anyone have a better approach for the Branson tractor?

As always thanks in advance

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #25  
Nice! I'm glad you finally got the engine running. That was quite a ride to get to that point. :thumbsup:

/ Branson 4220 rings PN #26  
Hello all
Finally got my rings installed (thanks Dave’s Tractor) very helpful.
Now I have a new issue��
Top end is all buttoned up and started cleaning oil pan and balancer for reinstall.
The balancer has a clear “A” stamped on it but I can not find anything on the crankshaft gear.
I laid under it for an hour slowly rotating looking for mark on the crankshaft I even used a mirror to see both side but still no luck.
The manual “ptsg” sent shows timing marks on both but no luck.
I have read (on other tractors) 1&4 TDC weights should be pointing down.
Does anyone have any experience with the Branson balancer install?

As always thanks in advance.
i know this is most likely a dead post as its 4 plus years old but im hoping Lhhippie might see it and respond. Did you get the cylinder liners too and if you did, did you have them bored out or just honed to size?

thank you