Broke my front end

/ Broke my front end #11  
   / Broke my front end #12  
This post needs to be linked to and saved.. every time someone wants to really loaddown their tractor and pull from the front.. this link needs to come up. there was a big thread about this about a month or so ago... "hard pulls' in Advice for newbies' thread ...

soundguy

/ Broke my front end #13  
I think what Greg was trying to say is that there is NOT an inter-axle differential on this model tractor. That would be like a third differential that is found on 6x4 tandem axle class 7 & 8 trucks, NP435 transfer cases on 4WD trucks, and most all rubber tired earthmoving equipment except earthmovers.
If there were an inter-axle differential, the rear wheels would spin if they were off the ground and you wouldn't go anywhere unless the inter-axle differential lockout was engaged.

/ Broke my front end #14  
correct me if I am wrong, you have a tractor that weights 3000 lbs with driver a 1200 lbs back hoe , and 1200 loader or a total of 5400 lbs pulling a 4000 lbs that drags factor like 6000 lbs if not more, it lifts the rear end and puts a total load on the front axle a minimum of 11400 lbs .. thats impressive
I am supprised the wheels didn't fall off, or pop!:eek:

/ Broke my front end #15  
Personally, I don't like to break my tractor. By understanding it's limitations and applying a little common sense, it will be reliable for a long time.
I said it before, and I'll say it again:
A GOOD OPERATOR ISN'T EXPENSIVE, HE'S PRICELESS.
Much of the problems with Chinese tractors are not the fault of the Chinese.

/ Broke my front end #16  
A GOOD OPERATOR ONLY LEARN BY HIS MISTAKES AND MOST LIKELY IT'S WAS AT SOMEBODY ELSE EXPENSE..

We push the boundary's to see if we can! Other wise we would of never walked on the moon!

Has nothing to do with the operator... if a part going to fail it could fail at 5 lbs or 10000 lbs just depend on the manufactures quility...and luck

/ Broke my front end #17  
Sorry, I can't accept that. Turbo. A part that is designed with steel having a 14ksi tensile strength can't be expected to withstand double that without issues. Having some appreciation of how things work and how they were designed to be operated, and then working mostly within those parameters, is the mark of a conscientious owner/operator. Pushing a machine until it destructs isn't exploration, it's conspicuous consumption. If you can afford it, fine. However many of us have Chinese tractors because they represent a good value for the investment and we do regard the purchase as an investment, not as an experiment in staged destruction.

With the help of forums like this one, we can learn form others' mistakes and not have to make each and every one ourselves. I feel bad for the guy who trashed his front end because he pushedit beyond the design limits, and I also appreciate that he posted the information here so I can learn from it and not have to destroy my own tractor to discover the limitations of the machine.

Just my nickel's worth, your mileage may vary.

Rich

/ Broke my front end #18  
Sorry, I can't accept that. Turbo. A part that is designed with steel having a 14ksi tensile strength can't be expected to withstand double that without issues. Having some appreciation of how things work and how they were designed to be operated, and then working mostly within those parameters, is the mark of a conscientious owner/operator. Pushing a machine until it destructs isn't exploration, it's conspicuous consumption. If you can afford it, fine. However many of us have Chinese tractors because they represent a good value for the investment and we do regard the purchase as an investment, not as an experiment in staged destruction.

With the help of forums like this one, we can learn form others' mistakes and not have to make each and every one ourselves. I feel bad for the guy who trashed his front end because he pushedit beyond the design limits, and I also appreciate that he posted the information here so I can learn from it and not have to destroy my own tractor to discover the limitations of the machine.

Just my nickel's worth, your mileage may vary.

Rich

I agree with this statement basically anything CAN be broken if someone tries hard enough:p But it IS up to the owner/operator to use his/her best judgment on the limitations of the equiptment.
I'd say that front axle would be less likley to break in forward than reverse. Not only because of the extra weight but the way the gears are designed. They're meant to take more torque in forward than reverse.

/ Broke my front end #19  
Turbo,
Much, if not all, of the equipment "that goes to the moon" is highly engineered for specific purposes, and with the specific materials for specific purposes.
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) is a hallmark at NASA, and it is under controlled conditions. NDT is used to verify, qualify, and quantify components and assemblies.
Boundaries are pushed with caution and knowledge, leaving as little as possible to "luck".

/ Broke my front end #20  
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) is a hallmark at NASA? go rent ( From the Earth to the moon), and then tell me all about the testing procedures..
It certainly not NON-DESTRUCTIVE.

You can't tell me you haven't gone past your Pucker factor on your tractor and realized you shouldn't of done that.
I am new to my tractor , and my manuals don't tell me how to judge what something weights ? or how much slop angle I can traverse? its not till I do it do I find out what my limits are... So I go by: if I can't lift it with the FEL, I will tow it, if I can't tow it , I will leave it... I certainly don't what to brake my tractor...