Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice?

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #21  
Ask the dealer who makes that hoe for TYM. Sure looks like the RINHO that was the factory hoe with my Kioti CK20 in 2003. They now make their own in Korea.
Mine does not have an attachment point for top link to hoe. I have 300+ HARD hours on mine digging foundations, ditches, breakwalls etc.. Only problem I've had is the selflocking bolts working loose. No sign of cracks anywhere on hoe or frame.
Good luck with yours ,nice looking rig too!
Joe48

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #22  
Sometimes the hoes are made by different companies than the subframe.

BTI

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice?
I dropped the tractor off last night at the dealer. He knew before I got there that his mechanic forgot to put the toplink on. He also said that the new subframes are reinforced at the same point where mine broke. A sure sign that there has been other people with the same problem.

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #24  
OK, now you had me wondering if my CK should have a toplink attachment. No sign of an attachment point on my hoe. I bet somebody stole it. Dirty Badgers! ;)

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #25  
I'M a certified welder. From what I can see ,the weld sucks!

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #26  
Roady said:
If you look at THIS picture, the top link runs from the upper 3pt hitch link , under the backhoe seat and to a bracket on the backhoe. That is the part my dealer forgot to install.

I understand what your talking about now. I can see why it would break if there was no top link installed.

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #27  
Does that mean some hoe attachments have top-link and some do not? Just from looking at picture, if not installed properly, could it break the top-link connection at tractor ? Tension ,pressure, etc.

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #28  
Three point backhoes use a toplink, of course. But it is usually
much stouter than the OEM cat 1 toplink. The hoe manuf also
provides some way of bracing the 3PH to keep if from rising.

Many subframes use the same toplink connection as the 3PH,
though the link provided from the manuf may be stouter than the
OEM. This must be used to limit the bending forces on the
lower part of the subframe, which extends under the tractor and
is usually connected to the loader subframe up front, and the
below the rear axle housing.

The best subframes have no toplink. They leave 2/3 of the subframe
connected to the tractor at all times, and connect to the hoe
part of the subframe at four points, 2 above and 2 below the rear
axle housing. Commercial units connect this way, but now 4-point
mounts are available for lots of tractors. Woods is moving toward the
4-pt subframes, but still sell lots of the old kind.

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #29  
Kioti does not use a toplink on thier subframes.

BTI

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #30  
Roady said:
I dropped the tractor off last night at the dealer. He knew before I got there that his mechanic forgot to put the toplink on. He also said that the new subframes are reinforced at the same point where mine broke. A sure sign that there has been other people with the same problem.

Roady - Got a questions then. Do you know if the newer subframes still utilize a toplink? Or is it no longer needed? I don't remember seeing them install on the machines I saw at the dealers this week.