Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice?

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #11  
dsgsr said:
What Brand is a TYM? If it is a true subframe mount, you shouldn't need a Top Link.

David

I agree, my Kubota 4pt subframe mount doesn't have any kind of top link attachment and neither did a bradco subframe BH I previously had on different tractor.

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #12  
Guys, Chill slightly, please. I chose those words carefully. Weather you use the real top link or a "top link" connection you still get the same structural element. A 4pt subframe is a truss and is still a top link type connection. Roady's pictures showed a purely cantelivered loading situation and that just isn't very strong.

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice?
wushaw said:
I agree, my Kubota 4pt subframe mount doesn't have any kind of top link attachment and neither did a bradco subframe BH I previously had on different tractor.

If you look at THIS picture, the top link runs from the upper 3pt hitch link , under the backhoe seat and to a bracket on the backhoe. That is the part my dealer forgot to install.

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #14  
I think I would take that up with the dealer. He needs to give you a new subframe and the toplink as well.

TrippleT said:
I think I would take that up with the dealer. He needs to give you a new subframe and the toplink as well.

Absolutely. I went to the dealer today and will have a new sub-frame tomorrow. In all honesty, I'm happy that this was just dealer error. If it was a design flaw, I would have to constantly worry about it happening again. This tractor has amazing power and pound for pound, does more work than anything I've ever used. I'm really pleased with it so far.

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #16  
Roady

Did you get that tractor off one of the kiddy rides at knobels?

I couldent resist LOL

tom

tommu56 said:
Roady

Did you get that tractor off one of the kiddy rides at knobels?

I couldent resist LOL

tom

For as much as I paid, they should have given me the whole ride!

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #18  
Wow, sorry!

Is it a subframe or 3-pt mount?

Woods subframe for BH80X does not use any top connections.

If it is a 3-pt mount with no top link, I could easily see it breaking.

Good luck

Mike

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #19  
pic#3 is a little blurry, but it looks like there is a rusty spot in one corner of the break. That would indicate its been cracked for a while. Glad to hear your dealer is getting it taken care of

/ Broken Backhoe Subframe Advice? #20  
shaley said:
Where is your top link? I didn't see one in the picture but maybe I just missed it. The top link will prevent the bending load on the frame. That failure looks like a cantilever overload.

That's the first thing I seen/saw ..... No Top Link ??

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply