Bucket link Hack...

/ Bucket link Hack... #1  

Rick Dale

Tractor
toolcat 5600 2005/2012
I saw somewhere a guy had replaced his bucket link with a short ram so he could get more forward tilt. Making it possible to get himself unstuck with his bucket. does anyone have a link to that thread? wanting to do something similar.
Rick
2012 5600

Attachments

• 1707158448641.png
    1707158448641.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 40
   / Bucket link Hack... #2  
Not sure why a regular, fully operational, bucket wouldn't work for getting unstuck. It has for me.

/ Bucket link Hack... #3  
When I was hung up in snow, I used my traction boards to get out. I lifted 2 wheels off the ground, put the boards under the tires, and drove out. I am also a bit baffled on the OPs question as the bucket dumps plenty far I thought. :unsure:

/ Bucket link Hack... #4  
I'm not even sure if it's for a backhoe or a loader bucket. Looks like a backhoe part. Still, getting unstuck with it should work either way.

/ Bucket link Hack... #5  
It is the part between the curl cyl and the bucket.

/ Bucket link Hack... #6  
For reference, the OP lists a Toolcat 5600 on his equipment list, so it's not a backhoe.

1707172775917.jpeg

/ Bucket link Hack...
Am I confused or am I not in the Toolcat section? Anyone that owns a toolcat knows your bucket only tilts to 45 degrees making it imposible to push yourself backwards with it.

/ Bucket link Hack... #8  
Iv used bucket tilt to get out of snow many times and does go past 45 closer 90, what angle is on the bucket mount, that will change how far you can tilt

with only 45 degrees with arms lowered when lifted it would be difficult to dump bucket, is the cylinder doing full stroke?

Last edited:
   / Bucket link Hack... #10  
agree, looked at mine and it will tip the underside of bucket past 90 degrees to ground when full height, all I can think of either he has a seizing pin, something obstructing the mechanics or his bucked has a odd angle to the back mounting,